Model Cars Magazine Forum

It's here!!

Issue 204 landed on my doorstep (well, at the mailbox anyway) and it's been worth the wait. There's plenty of content, excellent new products reviews, it looks like Gregg is going to be busy with ALL those new things to play with. The kit reviews, and coverage of the usual things are as good as ever. I really liked the ideas on the A roadster, even have my favorite picked out. The tribute to Harry was especially touching, along with the inclusion of his final (?) article. 

Now I'm looking forward to issue 205. Thanks to Gregg and his excellent staff for hanging in and getting the issues (pun intended)taken care of.

Got mine yesterday and did a quick glance through it.  Some of the "Sketch Pad" has got my mind (what there is left) to working.  Sure glad to see it, it is like having an old friend you haven't seen in awhile come by for a visit.

Edited by TarheelRick

I bought my copy of # 204 yesterday. I noticed the slot car mag (#5, I believe) when I was the Woodward Cruise a couple of weeks ago. At risk of agitating a hornet's nest I wonder if it wouldn't be better to suspend the slot car mag in favor of Model Cars magazine. If money is that scarce, then shouldn't it go the more popular publication? Or is the slot car mag more popular than the model mag? Understand that I'm not anti slot car at all. Just wondering about this. Anti sting suit donned and ready for responses.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my copy of # 204 yesterday. I noticed the slot car mag (#5, I believe) when I was the Woodward Cruise a couple of weeks ago. At risk of agitating a hornet's nest I wonder if it wouldn't be better to suspend the slot car mag in favor of Model Cars magazine. If money is that scarce, then shouldn't it go the more popular publication? Or is the slot car mag more popular than the model mag? Understand that I'm not anti slot car at all. Just wondering about this. Anti sting suit donned and ready for responses.

I agree with your thoughts on this, anti sting suit not required in this case. :)

Gregg stated back in February that the magazines are 2 different companies, you can read his reply here;

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/112548-model-cars-magazine-renewals/?do=findComment&comment=1749740

You will also notice that he further states that you "Can't rob Peter to pay Paul's printing tab". I have always had a problem with this statement. In my opinion, had it not been for Paul then Peter wouldn't have his magazine. Maybe it's time for Peter to give back to Paul.