Model Cars Magazine Forum
iBorg

Pay It Forward-Round 2

Earlier this year I started a Pay It Forward which was wildly successful. To some degree the success caused problems with it. I received suggestions from a few individuals whom I respect that putting it on hiatus would be good as certain kits kept on being offered. While I love Ollie's blowouts, seeing the same kits being offered time after time got a tad old.

The next round of Pay It Forward will launch shortly. On Friday, rules will be announced (now's your chance to PM suggestions) as well as moderators.

Hopefully more people a chance to participate and remember its a hobby, have fun!

On Friday, the launch date will be announced.

Is there offers still waiting from when it

was recessed?  Or is it just starting over

new from here?  I gotta ask!?!  <_<

David S.

We're going to start from scratch......maybe the last person ion the old one will cover someone who'd like something but has no trade fodder. 

Awwwww Yeah... Let er rip Mike.

For the new joiners.... This is FUN. For the old hats... Bring on your good stuff. Let's keep this Fun and rolling. The first round clearly showed that there were kits languishing that needed new homes and that folks were willing to part with items they have looked at for maybe years and didn't do a thing with. The chance to score something cool and let a nugget go in the process is an idea that spawned eBay for Pete's sake! eBay started with Pez dispensers for those who don't know. It was a small thing that grew into a rather large thing. While I'm certain Mike D doesn't propose such a monumental culture changer, this is just the place to get something cool for the price of literally, shipping.

I have MANY kits I will never build. I'd need to live to 200 at my rate of building, and I can build when I want to. BUT, I have many I'm willing to part with in this venue when the quality is such where I feel I can get something cool in the bargain. Perhaps something that will inspire that next Uber cool rat Rod or Top Fuel over the top kitbash.

Clearly, offering 1/12 scale Tamiya F1 kits is out, but there are a host of great 1/24-1/25 kits in stashes here which will inspire others to build and show off those builds to promote our hobby.

I personally have a LOT invested in this hobby. I'm happy to crank out builds for myself and family until I pass utterly from this world. All the while sharing them with you all and getting yeahs or neahs along the way.

But sharing kits with like minded friends from this site is a far better thing than letting one languish on a shelf somewhere in hopes I might build it some day, while my tastes evolve and change as I get older.

So, with all that out of the way let me welcome all you would be Traders/Snaggers/Pirates to Pay It Forward. Where we trade selflessly, and look for that one kit we need to build today. Because it's all about the build.

Bob Frias AKA: Dragline

What we are supposed to build them!!! Lol I have a few laying around I know that there's someone would want with around 2,000 kits I'm like Bob I won't live long enough to build them all but I still buy more!! So when Monday comes let the trading commence!!! Lol never know what might show up I let two Johan's go last time!!!

vince

Looking forward to it! I just hope this time around I have more luck! It took me 32 pages of trading on the last one before I showed up at the same time as somehting of interest to me. 

Ah well, it's all worth it, and it's a great idea.

can we post up airplanes and boats as long as we post a vehicle too. , I like ww2 aerplanes and ships, but I have lots of others that I don't want

If we are going to do that, why not have a separate boat and plane PAY IT FORWARD thread?

Edited by RT6PK

If someone wants to do other than car kits (and the occasional motorcycle if they offer a choice between car and bike), please start a separate thread. If we start mixing those into this one, we're going to cause future problems.

Sadly as much fun as it was last go around I can not participate. Sometimes moving sucks.....ok, all.the time moving sucks...lol

Paul

is this going to be the thread or will there be a new thread started ?  i enjoyed this the last time around, at least until the same models kept showing up.