• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

1/12th Lamborghini Countach

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've pulled my old, kit out of storage, I built it decades ago and rather poorly at that, but it is a great kit with excellent details, that I can improve on now. So has anyone else built, or rebuilt this old kit?  Any suggestions, pictures, tips???

IMG_1474.JPG

Edited by dino246gt
trying to attach picture

Posted

Wow, 1/12, I remember seeing these years ago and wishing I could afford one, I'd forgotten about them.

Can't help with anything but I look forward to seeing it being revived.

Posted

Hi.I built this kit many years ago, I think the  kit is great ! Plenty of room for detailing. If I built it today , I probably added much more stuff :-)

Thomas

420TWmJh.jpg

KZ9SNcQh.jpg

dKT58JBh.jpg

akV6olPh.jpg

OAWP15Hh.jpg

km9kndkh.jpg

1hvUMrzh.jpg

vEEiqqWh.jpg

Posted

Thanks for all the pictures, looks great!

I've got mine mostly apart and staring the restoration with wheels, tires and that gorgeous V12!

Progress pictures soon, cheers!

Posted (edited)

Okay, here's where I am so far on the engine re-build. Started to wire the alternator and starter but just started. Used a couple of 1/24th decals just for interest, they are nowhere near accurate, but they do look pretty cool. It's more work re-building a glue bomb than starting a new kit, but it sure is fun in 1/12th scale!

IMG_1508.JPG

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1510.JPG

Edited by dino246gt
same picture 3 times

Posted

Here's the wheels and tires, I got some 1/12th valve stems, and used 3D stickers for the wheel centers, then put chrome rings around them, also peel and stick, then I used the Molotov chrome fine tip pen for the lug nuts followed by Tamiya black panel line wash. The rims themselves are sprayed with Metalizer Aluminum plate. Tires, because they are used, were soaked in dish detergent, then scrubbed with a toothbrush. I think they came out pretty good!

IMG_1517.JPG

IMG_1518.JPG

Posted

Absolutely flawless.Great job.Love the car,and the color.

Posted

looks great so far!

Posted

Got a bit more done to the engine, having so much fun  with this one! Slow going though, but that's okay.

IMG_1731.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

Posted

Dennis that Lambo engine is beautiful! :wub:

With all this talk of Lambo Countachs, I wonder if my next build should be that Fujimi EM kit! :D

Posted

Very Nice Dennis.

Posted

Lookin real good Dino..Not into this genra but it sure looks like the real deal..Add oil and crank her up..

Posted

The "glass" in my kit is clear blue, not clear, but I think I can make replacements for most of it, the headlights though, well I found that the 1/24th rallye lens from the Subaru kit that I bought for $2 as a parts donor has come to the rescue!

IMG_1748.JPG

IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1751.JPG

Posted

Beautiful engine work so far for sure

Thomas posted a gorgeous blue Countach, wow that paint is niceB)