Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12th Lamborghini Countach

dino246gt

• 3 weeks later...

I ALMOST thought about doing this as a car under restoration, finishing up the interior, front trunk, and adding brake detail (since the rims cover the outside, the kit only has the inside detailed) but after running that by some of my model friends, they pooh poohed that idea.

I started the interior, off white with black carpets and dash top and plan to do the body in a very dark blue.

I've sort of lost enthusiasm as I got back to 1/25th scale, but I won't give up on this one.

Looking EVERYWHERE for a spare wheel and tire to put up front, anyone have one please!!!

I've made a temporary "covered spare" from a spray can of the exact same diameter as the front tires. Added a few details to the front firewall too. Ciao!

IMG_0645.JPG

• 1 month later...

Did some work on the interior, removed the enamel paint from the dash, drilled out the gauges, flocked the top in black, then some heavy "Dullcoat" to soften the flocking, glued paper gauges from behind and added clear glue to the front for lenses. Scratched up a radio, 8 pieces, tiny pieces at that! Made the turn signal lever from a 1/25th scale floor shifter! The all tan dash is how it looked when I started the restoration.

Dash 1.JPG

Dash 4.JPG

Quite a bit of the mechanical bits will be hidden after the body is on, those large openings will be covered with scoops and vents!

I'm at a standstill because the door mechanisms are all broken inside and I haven't figured out how to make them work again and work better so it sits as is for awhile!

I will post updates when and IF they happen! Ciao.

IMG_0795.JPG

• 5 months later...