[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

Board Status   07/20/2018

Maintenance completed, but there is still more come.
iBorg

Pay It Forward-Round 2-Let's have FUN!

The Petty Dart arrived today in great shape..!!   THANKS Allen Wrench...!!

Sorry for the delay, was away from the house.  Here are my offerings, you know what to do!  ;-)

100_3435.JPG

8 minutes ago, Crankenstien said:

will claim the 50 ford F-1 deano and will post later today

It's yours.  Got your address!  I'll try to get it out in the morning.

ok deano thanks bud

thank goodness for pay it forward lol got one of those awhile back minus a few thing's so im grateful here

Surprised a bunch of people not jumping all over those nascar kits.

Offerings are getting a little long in the tooth. Unless you have something to bring to the table perhaps you should sit it out and watch others play?

47 minutes ago, Dragline said:

Offerings are getting a little long in the tooth. Unless you have something to bring to the table perhaps you should sit it out and watch others play?

It's almost universally understood most '80s NASCAR kits have very little value and would probably not be a fair thing to offer in exchange for a $15-$30 kit.

No honestly stated location and no name, either, per the Trading section requirements... fixed. :)

Edited by Casey

Probably not.... Tell ya what, offer some kits with appeal and we are off to the races. Otherwise maybe you sit it out next time.

I'm not alone and I am an Admin on this thread. Being a watchman grows tiring if every other day there those who think they can dump tired stuff and pick up a gem here and there.

So no, I'm not on board with offering 2 unless clearly stated from the git go.

If I want something of substance I offer something of equal value. Not tough to do even in your own head. 

Pay to play........

for the moment those kit's are what I have left from a stash that got hammered by falling box of books so til I got more to bring to this i'll stay clear of it .........

Edited by Crankenstien
miswording

I'm no longer an Admin on this thread. People think they can do as they please and not get a little poke for it. Crankenstein, or whoever. If you are leaving the hobby due to a little poke then good riddance. If you need your hand held as you cross the street then do us all a favor and find a bridge. Who wants to Molly Coddle adults who cannot fathom rules or guidelines?

This was fun. I enjoyed it. I hoped it wouldn't go sideways but it did before and we shut it down. Some who played before [You know who you are] have not come back and I for one do not miss them.

It was about trading something you know is nice but lost interest in or cannot get to for something that might light a spark in you. For those who DO NOT have stashes best to look on and enjoy the entire spectacle from the outside. Those who joined and offered something righteous, this is not about you.

I said to myself a while back that if someone offered a 2 dollar Flea Market NASCAR kit I would say something. I am a man who keeps his word to others and himself feelings be damned.

31 minutes ago, Dragline said:

I'm no longer an Admin on this thread. People think they can do as they please and not get a little poke for it. Crankenstein, or whoever. If you are leaving the hobby due to a little poke then good riddance. If you need your hand held as you cross the street then do us all a favor and find a bridge. Who wants to Molly Coddle adults who cannot fathom rules or guidelines?

This was fun. I enjoyed it. I hoped it wouldn't go sideways but it did before and we shut it down. Some who played before [You know who you are] have not come back and I for one do not miss them.

It was about trading something you know is nice but lost interest in or cannot get to for something that might light a spark in you. For those who DO NOT have stashes best to look on and enjoy the entire spectacle from the outside. Those who joined and offered something righteous, this is not about you.

I said to myself a while back that if someone offered a 2 dollar Flea Market NASCAR kit I would say something. I am a man who keeps his word to others and himself feelings be damned.

I applaud you for saying what so many others were thinking regardless of the repercussions. 

58 minutes ago, Dragline said:

My understanding of Crankensteins post was that he would not participate in the PIF thread until he acquired more kits to post for PIF. I didn't think he was leaving the hobby. I am also sitting out this thread until I aquire a few more kits to offer up. Have gotten some great kits on here and hope it continues and I will still be looking and hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be back in the game. I do agree with keeping it fresh and if there is a kit you like you can always PM the member offering it and see if you can make a deal for it. I have done this several times, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Above all, lets have fun and maybe get a kit or two you want and put something in the hands of someone who may be looking for that kit.

54 minutes ago, Renegade said:

My understanding of Crankensteins post was that he would not participate in the PIF thread until he acquired more kits to post for PIF. I didn't think he was leaving the hobby. I am also sitting out this thread until I aquire a few more kits to offer up. Have gotten some great kits on here and hope it continues and I will still be looking and hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll be back in the game. I do agree with keeping it fresh and if there is a kit you like you can always PM the member offering it and see if you can make a deal for it. I have done this several times, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Above all, lets have fun and maybe get a kit or two you want and put something in the hands of someone who may be looking for that kit.

That's what I understood too!!!!! Attitudes that came out before pushed me from participating, I understand ya speak your mind Bob, but ya did come across a little too harsh there!!!! I understand the hole NASCAR thing but people want to be a part and don't have many offerings. Yes they should wait til they have better offerings but we shouldn't chase people away by miffing them off either!!!

Edited by DrKerry

Maybe when people take a kit they should at least show their offerings before their kit gets shipped to them. There has been a couple kits I was going to take but someone already claimed them and than posted things like this up. They should really know better of things to offer up.

DONE.

This was an effort to add some feel good to the hobby. It served that purpose but has lost that vibe. It was a good run. I really thought the rules would prevent this but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case. In the future, if you wish to trade, please post your item for trade and what you'd like in return.

The PIF, at least this one, is closed.

Edited by iBorg