Model Cars Magazine Forum
iBorg

Pay It Forward-Round 2-Let's have FUN!

12 hours ago, Xingu said:

Because Troy is doing the right thing, following the rules. The 7-day wait period was started so that other folks had an opportunity to participate in this thread.

Well, this 7 day rule is pretty stupid, especially when nobody is claiming something and someone wants to get things moving. 

I'm really out of this now. 

2 minutes ago, Daddyfink said:

Well, this 7 day rule is pretty stupid, especially when nobody is claiming something and someone wants to get things moving. 

I'm really out of this now. 

What you aren't realizing is that there are folks that only log in once or twice a week. The 7-day rule gives them a chance to see the models that are offered and to participate if they choose.

34 minutes ago, Xingu said:

What you aren't realizing is that there are folks that only log in once or twice a week. The 7-day rule gives them a chance to see the models that are offered and to participate if they choose.

I'm with Daddyfink on this one. We have a guy who wants an item; and wants to get the thread moving again. But everyone has to sit here for DAYS waiting..... because of guys who only feel like logging on "once or twice or twice per week"??? and MIGHT want an item??? If the "choose to participate", then maybe they should show up a little more often. Well we'll all just sit here waiting until they feel like joining us I guess.

I rant with all due respect... you guys do run a pretty good board here. :rolleyes:

Edited by RT6PK

On 9/1/2017 at 2:06 PM, iBorg said:

You may only claim one Pay It Forward per week (a seven day waiting period) unless the item has been declared "Open." An Open item will have to be on offer for 48 hours without other members claiming it. An item can only be declared open by one of four PIF administrators.

Administrators:

Iborg- long time kit buyer, opener and starter. Does all that well. Finishing is a challenge.

Dragline- a builder of all sorts of models. Has encouraged Iborg to build something! Aod guy.

Vintagedragcrazy- has a reputation for helping out numerous modelers in need. Yet another good guy

Xingu-few words can accurately describe Xingu. He volunteers as a moderator and tries to help the board run well. Deserving of thanks and praise of all of us.

REMEMBER: this whole thing is about having a bit of fun!

Hmm ... I thought this was the rule we were theoretically working under.  Guess I thought wrong.

Same rules apply to everyone......even the administrators. :)

The first PIF had people claiming two or three kits in a week. Some felt they were excluded if they weren't living at their computers. I'd much rather have people building than sitting at their computers hoping their Grail kit was going to pop up. I'd love to have more participants but I also want people to feel its fair.

I've been watching and not participating as I realize I have 200-300 kits more than I need, plus the way work is hitting me I may never get more than half an hour to build.

ok,  I did not mean to stir up so much BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH,   but since it has been a week I would like to take the Baracuda off Kevins  hands,  I will post up my offerings in a bit along with my 3 from previous.

Edited by carman1

Well,  Allen Wrench PMd me about the JoHan Mercedes ,  so its his and he is up to bat  !

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:41 PM, carman1 said:

ok,  I did not mean to stir up so much BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH,   but since it has been a week I would like to take the Baracuda off Kevins  hands,  I will post up my offerings in a bit along with my 3 from previous.

Cuda is yours

as much as I want don't want to have to pass after all sorry for the hold up gents post material did not arrive

1 hour ago, Allen Wrench said:

So my offerings are still up for grabs ...

I would like to claim the Petty Dart...please

I have been watching this since the start of the first one.   And have enjoyed looking at the kits going through here, and the good things members are doing.  So I thought this was a good time to jump in...

Ok....Here is my offering... These are internet pics, but all my kits have like new boxes and are still sealed, except for the'50 Ford convertible "Showboat" it's open ..inside bags still sealed. Choose one please.

bda168796a3432f45e0f0c4e6be147cf.jpg.a07891dd86059fcef7a652efbfc56f43.jpg5a668b8627eda_78indycorvette.jpg.ab79de5fa681831fbce470623c8b8b78.jpg

173175-31278-21-pristine.jpg.ffc956c88be153b37ee467c635dae8cc.jpg5a67aeeb27ec6_32fordsedan.jpg.4b4348ea46350672c2c3893d9b3ab067.jpg

Edited by D. Battista

I'll take that Deuce Tudor. Back in a minute.

Here is what I got.

20170619_183604.jpg

20170619_184335.jpg

20170619_184456.jpg

20170626_185456.jpg

20171015_190253.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Edited by RT6PK

I will claim the Rickie Smith pro stock Jamie ....

Edited by Khils

These are up for offering....'32 open / unbuilt. ..other 3 sealed....shipping assistance outside lower 48 PLZ!

pick one.............

0125180149.jpg

I'd like the 32.  I'll post my offerings a little later today.

Dean

Hey Kevin, you wouldn't want to trade those solid wheels for a set out of the Glidden 7/11 kit would you?

22 hours ago, Deano said:

I'd like the 32.  I'll post my offerings a little later today.

Dean

You're up Dean.....send me your address