Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 72 MUSTANG Funny Car (Hot Rod Magazine)

Droneoutlaw

MPC Mustang FC 72 (HOTROD MAGAZINE)

this was my 1st detailed build & contest entree. I installed every aftermarket plumbing, Aluminum Billet pulleys, A/N color coded fittings, Wrinkle Wall Slicks, even added the Chrome Valve Stems on it...for a EXTREMELY SIMPLE "BOX STOCK" build that would only take most beginners a few days to complete, took me about 350+ hours...(and I still wished I had 25-30 more to do everything that was in my head.. I had nothing but FUN all the way through.....

IMG_3875.PNG

IMG_3876.PNG

IMG_3877.PNG

IMG_3878.PNG

IMG_3879.PNG

IMG_3880.PNG

IMG_3881.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

Great detailing!  But before you enter it in a contest, you should swap the headers from side to side - the header you have on the left side belongs on the right, and visa versa.  Also, the wrinkle wall shown on the left side should be on the right side.  Nice work!

lol It's the photo reversed... same with the Wrinkle walls ... I actually Won the show it was entered in. (However the judges said the only thing they found was my front wheels were off, which was SPOT ON, I barely got it completed as I ran out of time with the build...lesson learned on time....)

thanks,

Lee

• 1 year later...
On 9/2/2017 at 9:00 AM, Chris in Berwyn said:

Great detailing!  But before you enter it in a contest, you should swap the headers from side to side - the header you have on the left side belongs on the right, and visa versa.  Also, the wrinkle wall shown on the left side should be on the right side.  Nice work!

I think that when I had dropped this model & the headers broke off I put them on backwards or put them on the wrong side?‍♂️

• 4 years later...