[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
iamsuperdan

WANTED: a bus!

I am in need of a bus model!

Looking for a 1/24 or 1/25 kit of a euro style touring coach, something old, 80s vintage. Not sure if one has ever been kitted, but I'm after one. 

For the right complete kit, I'd be willing to trade a NIB Moebius Prostar AND the Moebius 53ft reefer trailer. 

Anyone?

Thanks!

5171131567_dffe29bdb0.jpg

Edited by iamsuperdan

The only Euro touring coach in 1/24 or 1/25 is Revell's Cityliner. It is a much newer vintage, though, probably mid 2000's. It can be found, but it is pricey these days, as it is rare. Wish they made more buses.

Yeah, I've recently done a deal for a Cityliner. 

I've been searching, and I don't believe an old school coach exists, but here's hoping. :)

Hello Dan,

Im not sure if u still searching for a (touring) coach.

The only option you have in scale 1/24, is the Revell London Bus and from Heller the Renault Parisin bus.

Another suggestion is Aoshima, they have  Fuso and Mitsubishi coaches in the scale  1/32, i dont know if this is a minor.

These coaches are touring- and city coaches, not really vintage, but something around 2000.

This is purely for information.;)

Hermann.

Posted (edited)

I have the London bus sealed if your still looking.B)

Edited by bismarck

Thanks guys. I have the London bus and the Revell Cityliner. No one has made the era I'm looking for, so I'll make do. I'm eventually going to turn the Cityliner into something. I have a theme planned.

try  Hobby Terra.com     they have dozens of buses

Posted (edited)

Maybe this could be an option

https://www.modell-ovp.de/en/mercedes-benz-o404-shd-blau-2189.html

its in 1:43 and not that detailed but it has some basic engine details.

https://www.merlinhobi.com/urun/mercedes-benz-o404-otobus-nzg-model/

The bus-body looks accurate to me so with some scratch-building on the interior and engine it could get quite nice I think.

Edited by Pace

Another zombie thread comes back to life!  And here's an even older one, from 2007, with some inspirational photos of scratch-built 1/25 scale buses.  Searching on "Patrick Rogoski" will find even more; he's a master at scratch-building modern buses in Our Scale.

If you really like a challenge, try to find the 1/25 scale resin Greyhound Scenicruiser bus body.  I think it was mastered sometime in the 1980s, off of a metal promo commissioned by Greyhound  back in the 1950s.  It was a giant chunk of resin.  I got one in a trade many years ago, but eventually sold it on eBay.