Model Cars Magazine Forum

More resin problems ????

Some of you may recall I posted a problem with never getting two sets of tires I ordered and paid for from Ma's resin. About 18 months later and despite emails and phone calls I never received them. I swore at that time I was done with ordering resin. I do know that there are many casters that are very good people but I may have found another not so good. Not long ago I discovered a small resin kit of the Jocko's stream liner dragster. I have always really liked this car so I ordered it. It is a kit by Customs FX. They are based in the U.K.  The kit includes a body, the Allison engine, clear canopy , Mooneyes decals and a bottom chassis with includes a molded in seat and such. This last piece is a very important item to complete this kit. This part was not included in my shipment. I sent so far two emails and both have gone unanswered . I have long since given any hope of getting anything from Ma's Resin but I still hold out hope that this company will ship me this important piece of this kit. Silly me ??? I will say the parts I did get were pretty nice. Anyone ever deal with Custom FX ? 

I have never heard of this company.  It's to bad - they could learn a lot from Marsh models.  I have not bought any 1/43 kits in years and despite that in some cases ten years go by before I tackle one of their kits.  If I lose a photoetch piece I fax them the instructions and circle the part and within a week they send me a replacement at no charge. Now - that is customer service!

IMG_1071.JPG

Edited by vamach1
pic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Well not all casters are created equal.

HRM, RMoMD and ClearlyScale are amazing.  I've also had great luck with Factory81 and USCP, they've great products.

Also very special mention to Renaissance, Profile24 and LMM, all of which are French based and VERY VERY good.

I've also had fantastic dealings with TwoCats and FPPM.

Edited by aurfalien