Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Ferrari 250 SWB - Done!

landman

Pat, you've picked one gorgeous Ferrari to build! This is one of my favorite ones and Italeri's version IMO is the best one out there shape wise. I built one years ago, and while there were some small tweaks I made to the shape, they capture the 250's classic lines very well.

Great color too------I'm definitely following this one! B)

Looking good, though one suggestion: I would have glued the front and rear valences on and filled and sanded the joint lines before priming and painting.

Funny, I had the same comment about the Shelby I just completed. I never thought to check but don't they go on after? If not, then you are right, I should have.

Pat, I remember when I built mine, I put the front fascia on ahead of time. Mostly because one of the "tweaks" I made to the body, was doing a correction to the grille area as I was replicating Stirling Moss's '61 car. I can't remember if it was troublesome putting it on first.......something tells me not terribly so, but then that was nearly 20 years ago! :o

Pat, I remember when I built mine, I put the front fascia on ahead of time. Mostly because one of the "tweaks" I made to the body, was doing a correction to the grille area as I was replicating Stirling Moss's '61 car. I can't remember if it was troublesome putting it on first.......something tells me not terribly so, but then that was nearly 20 years ago! :o

I went back & looked at the instructions after reading Bernard's post. Sure enough all the body parts are assembled BEFORE it goes on the chassis. My bad. I have put them on, it won't need much filler butt, there is always a but...I may not have enough paint left.

I'm currently building the infamous ESCI-AMT-ERTL version, warts and all, doing what I can to overcome them. I'm fascinated by the differences with this kit and really enjoying the nice work you're doing. I was surprised to see you paint the fascias before gluing them to the rest of the body. What was your,thinking be in taking this approach? So far the build looks great. Should be one sweet Berlinetta Passo Corto indeed.

I'm currently building the infamous ESCI-AMT-ERTL version, warts and all, doing what I can to overcome them. I'm fascinated by the differences with this kit and really enjoying the nice work you're doing. I was surprised to see you paint the fascias before gluing them to the rest of the body. What was your,thinking be in taking this approach? So far the build looks great. Should be one sweet Berlinetta Passo Corto indeed.

Thank you sir. I was  assuming they went on after the body was on the chassis. It is almost embarrassing. Teach me to assume and not read ahead.