Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Dodge stock 2 dr sedan by MCW resin

What is the scoop on the MCW Resin 1965 Dodge Coronet 2 dr sedan(Stock version) I've never bought resin and really don't know what to look for..I've got a few Polar Light 65 Dodges to use for grill/bumpers/tail lights etc) and quite a few Lindberg 64 Dodge Stock 330 for interior/chassis and components/engine..What is the piece like and if anyone has built one can you show a picture or pictures...Thanks..

My limited experience with MCW has been very positive. The body I used looked dean on and very little clean up needed. I wouldn't hesitate to order another if they have a subject I wanted to build.  

Thank you, now all I have to do is send in the paperwork and how the exchange isn't too high..Living in Canada has its exchange problems and postal problems..

My experience with MCW with paints and his resin has been very positive.  That was when Dave Dodge had both but he sold off the paint business and he has kept the resin business if I remember correct.     I might be incorrect.    

Well after all the replys(4) I went and ordered my stock 65 Coronet 2 dr post sedan from MCW Resins..Hope its as good as I was told..Guess I'll find out in about a month from now..Anything coming to Canada takes a while..I'am in no hurry though as long as its nice..

I have about a dozen or so of Dave's resin kits and more to get before he retires soon so if that tells you anything .......

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

I could really get excited about a 2 door '65 Mopar if it was a Fury, Sport Fury or Polara or Monaco. Those C body cars are largely forgotten unfortunately and the Coronet really doesn't move me much at all. I wonder how many other guys could go for a Polara, Monaco or Fury kit? They sure fetch big dollars on Ebay.. that usually translates into supply falling far short of demand.. one would think that some resin caster would catch on to that and offer some C body stuff. Just sayin'.