Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi/Revell Ford GT40 kits

Mr. Metallic

Well fellows, I went ahead and took the plunge on a reissue Gulf sponsored Fujimi Mk.1 kit. Now I'll wait patiently for the HRM detail set to get back in stock at Model Builders Warehouse. Still debating if I want to go as far as the Studio27 photoetch set. Thanks everyone for their insight on this.

• Like 1

Well fellows, I went ahead and took the plunge on a reissue Gulf sponsored Fujimi Mk.1 kit. Now I'll wait patiently for the HRM detail set to get back in stock at Model Builders Warehouse. Still debating if I want to go as far as the Studio27 photoetch set. Thanks everyone for their insight on this.

Hi,

Well I think you made a grand decision.  You could take it a step further and get the HRM GT40 wheels/tires which look amazing.

Hi,

Well I think you made a grand decision.  You could take it a step further and get the HRM GT40 wheels/tires which look amazing.

I'm thinking hard about that too. But all of a sudden I'm pushing that $100 project mark, for what started as a desire to build a nice box stock model :) hahaha

I'm thinking hard about that too. But all of a sudden I'm pushing that $100 project mark, for what started as a desire to build a nice box stock model :) hahaha

Hi,

Yea, tell me about it.  Funny how that works.  Oh well, its about enjoyment and I'm certain you will get several $Benjamins of enjoyment from this project.

Caution, caution!  As Rex well knows GT40s can become an addiction.  In 2005 I was trying to build a complete evolution of the GT40 and got burned out.  With retirement coming up maybe I can pick it up again.

Very ambitious project Gary.

Very ambitious project Gary.

Hello Gary and it has been many years since we have chatted.  PM me.  Now for the GT40's.  I think you are pretty far ahead of me and always will be.  You were making Cobras like JC long before we had thought about attempting them.  Please post some of your old builds.  They were great and I am sure hold up pretty well even though we have more after market parts and bodies thanks to Brad.  Anyway, I've build about ten GT40's and have maybe 20 kits left to do.

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_1127.JPG

IMG_1131.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

• 3 years later...

Scalemates has it as a rebox of the Fujimi kit.  Not necessarily a bad thing depending on price.  Everyplace seems to project it as upwards of $65 for a kit I've got multiples of at $25-30.  Hard pass. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-07696-ford-gt40--1324086

FYI-Megahobby has the exact same kit with the same markings for just over $40. 

https://www.megahobby.com/products/ford-gt40-9-1968-lemans-winner-race-car-1-24-fujimi.html

Now to look at the Meng 1/24-similar pricing but full detail.

Edited by The Junkman