Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rockford Files Diorama

Repstock

I don't know where to begin. I saw your build thread and was very impressed and excited to see what was coming next. This thing turned out AWESOME!! The trailer, the car, the figures, but I have to say, that may be the best looking 70's era GM truck build that I've ever seen!! It looks incredible!! The molding really sets that one off! Excellent work to say the least!!

WOW that is fantastic,I remember you were looking for info on the color of Jimmy's Firebird,what did you end up with because it looks like you nailed it!!!! Everything is caught in perfect detail , Ihave to say this is my favorite dio ever of my favorite show....

Thank you! I'm led to believe that the Rockford cars were painted a custom color (and the formula can be found online). I used Pontiac Copper Mist, a 1975 color.

Thank you! I'm led to believe that the Rockford cars were painted a custom color (and the formula can be found online). I used Pontiac Copper Mist, a 1975 color.

You are correct on the colors being custom especially later in the movies,I too have the formulas and also had the paint mixed by a friend who has a paint shop and both are different from each other as the later color was a bit darker......yeah I know I am just a James Garner fan and loved the Rockford Files and have some props and scripts and photos from the show and again I think what you done is the most brilliant work of art ever done in honor of the show!!

You are correct on the colors being custom especially later in the movies,I too have the formulas and also had the paint mixed by a friend who has a paint shop and both are different from each other as the later color was a bit darker......yeah I know I am just a James Garner fan and loved the Rockford Files and have some props and scripts and photos from the show and again I think what you done is the most brilliant work of art ever done in honor of the show!!

If you've gone to the effort of having the paint mixed, I can't wait to see the effort you put in the model! Unless, of course, it's for a real Firebird(?) Thank you for your kind words.

I enjoyed the original thread, I love this one too.  I just watched one of the episodes last night. The one where he was being chased by a small plane with bad guys wielding a machine gun. Jim shot them down using his gun. It was one of the early episodes as Rocky was played by another actor.

I enjoyed the original thread, I love this one too.  I just watched one of the episodes last night. The one where he was being chased by a small plane with bad guys wielding a machine gun. Jim shot them down using his gun. It was one of the early episodes as Rocky was played by another actor.

An episode that stands out to me is when Jim is chased by a Monte Carlo. At the end of the chase, he compliments the driver on how well he kept up with him. Then he shoots the Monte Carlo's front tire and drives off.

Great job.Where did u get the figures?Whenever I see that car,I think of the slick move Rockford did in reverse,and quickly spun around.Very cool.

Thank you. I have a large box of figure parts for occasions just like this. I'm in the process of making better figures to replace these.

I believe that was the pilot episode. Big fan of James Garner and the Rockford Files. Your diorama is spot on.