Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lake Michigan Model Car Club 50th Anniversary Celebration!

Come celebrate our 50th year with us!

Faith Community Church Hall at 192 South Center Street in Bensenville, IL

7PM TO 10PM SEPTEMBER 16TH 2017

The Lake Michigan Model Car Club invites you to our 50th Anniversary Celebration, held at our monthly meeting place: Faith Community Church Hall in Bensenville. We expect a good turnout of our members who will display their model collections. If you are a member of any local model club or out of town for that matter, we have more than enough extra tables. You can set up your own club display. Come around to see what we have planned for our Open House:

·         Club Prize Raffle: Door prizes will be raffled off, and everyone will be given a ticket.

·          Club Display Night: See models from our own members and those of neighboring clubs, with plenty of table space available.

·         Club NNL Night: The "No-Name-Luminaries" nickname comes from folks who began holding People’s Choice Style voting. ANY model vehicle displayed by ANYBODY will be eligible for our People’s Choice Award, and EVERYBODY in attendance can vote on it.

·         Since it is a celebration, cake will be served

·         FREE ADMISSION. We appreciate your attendance as our guest. FREE PARKING in a lot adjacent to the Faith Community Church Hall.

For further information, or to reserve tables for your club’s display, please call Our President Rob Cantwell at rccantwell@gmail.com or 847-884-1156

50th Anniversary.pdf

Wayne,

It's actually interesting that you brought this up as it was in our monthly newsletter. The origins of the club date back to 1951. 1967 is when it officially became LMMCC.  I just noticed that you live in Glendale.  Are you a member of Moonlight Modelers or Cactus Modelers?  I grew up out there and was a member of Moonlight for a few years before I moved to Illinois.

I belong to the Moonlight Modelers and occasionally go to a Cactus meeting. Joined them when I moved out here at the beginning of 93. Worked a lot of weekends then so wasn't a regular attendee until about 2005. Live about 5 miles from Tom Neu who I knew him and Jim Wood before I moved over here from Southern California. Which is why I asked about the LMMCC since I was a member of the Southern Cal Chapter of the IAAM from about 1970. When I first joined the Lake Michigan Chapter was going strong. Then when Phil Jensen decided to quit doing the Bulletin a deal was set up that the 2 chapters would alternate doing issues. Lake Michigan did one, then we did the next. Then after not hearing anything for a few months they informed up they were pulling out of the IAAM. We kept going until around 77 or so when the International was folded. Kept on going as a local LA-OC club until around 2000.

Hey, Rob!  Good to hear from you.  Congrats on your presidency, Your Honor.  :lol: 

Congratulations to your club on its 50th birthday.

As Wayne noted, Moonlight keeps model-motoring along (34 years old) ~ even with a lot of changes the past year.  We miss you and your clean police car builds!

Cactus Car Modelers Club is still going strong, and Desert Scale Classic just gets bigger and better every year!

Glad you and your family are doing well. 

Best to all,

~Dan~

Edited by Danno

Thanks Dan!  I miss the Moonlight meetings and the members a lot.  The last president was in for 20+ years.  They haven't told me to get lost yet, so I must be doing something right. One of these years I'd love to get out to the Desert Scale Classic. It always falls along the kids' birthdays so it's a challenge to get to AZ during that time.

Thanks Dan!  I miss the Moonlight meetings and the members a lot.  The last president was in for 20+ years.  They haven't told me to get lost yet, so I must be doing something right. One of these years I'd love to get out to the Desert Scale Classic. It always falls along the kids' birthdays so it's a challenge to get to AZ during that time.

You mean President Jim Stein?