Model Cars Magazine Forum

2017/18 Featherlite Transporter

Not easy to photograph this thing , but it kind of looks like a trailer now, still a lot of work left, I need to fill in the seams next,  had to make some changes, and removed the I-Beams from the front axle forward, previous trailers , the way I mounted the sides had the bottom of the sides more below the frame/floor piece, I pretty much kept the bottom of the sides level on this one, so with the I-Beams, they got in the way of the some things, but I will still use for the axles and help in mounting them.

Evergreen strips #109, .010x.250 was used on the sides where the sides are attached to the frame.

edLG9HG.jpg

YsSoIwW.jpg

cZKwaEz.jpg

And what I did to help get that curved shape on top of the gen compartment, sized up the PDF and printed it out and used that as template to cut the plastic, I wish I would of that of that before the first too attempts

Look at the storage compartments between the spread axles.

x9CGwGY.jpg

Thanks guys,  been trying to get some things done , first up, getting the interior side pieces cut

U7t9weF.jpg

Made the rear entrance area(I know idea what to call it), the slide out doors have yet to be cut, they are not needed yet, I did make a pockets for them to slide in/out of

9FdtiNE.jpg

And the upper deck floor/lower deck ceiling,  using .80 sheet

GH7ENrd.jpg

resting on top of the side panels,

OaWOcXV.jpg

Well, me doan like neither of 'em!!!!!!!!! LOL...... I know people like them and all, just can't get myself to side with them two!!!!!

I never was a Kurt fan( not a fan of Kyle, I respect his talents but him the person, no)  but after Kurt's fall from Grace and all the BS he went, I respect what he had to do to get back to a top a tier team.

( not a fan of Kyle, I respect his talents but him the person, no) 

Richard Petty has said that Kyle Busch is the most talented driver to come along in Nascar since Tim Richmond. I think that says a lot when you consider guys like Gordon, Jimmie, Stewart, Alan Kulwicki and others have come along and won championships. No question he has talent.

It gonna come down to him and Truex at Homestead.

I agree with that. I also think Larson just might have a shot if he can catch a break or two

Richard Petty has said that Kyle Busch is the most talented driver to come along in Nascar since Tim Richmond. I think that says a lot when you consider guys like Gordon, Jimmie, Stewart, Alan Kulwicki and others have come along and won championships. No question he has talent.

I agree with that. I also think Larson just might have a shot if he can catch a break or two

I agree with Petty on what he said about him, dude is a straight up wheelman

I never was a Kurt fan( not a fan of Kyle, I respect his talents but him the person, no)  but after Kurt's fall from Grace and all the BS he went, I respect what he had to do to get back to a top a tier team.

I'm in the same boat, they do have talent, but their attitudes kill their image for me!!!!!! On race day I root for anyone other than them two!!!!!! LOL

I'm in the same boat, they do have talent, but their attitudes kill their image for me!!!!!! On race day I root for anyone other than them two!!!!!! LOL

Well now that Kurt is out of the final 10 races, I want to see Matt take it all with out getting a win.

In order to to make the roof section, I needed to make the lift gate( to the overall length correct the liftgate is needed ) so started with .60 sheet L channel 295 and Strips 109 ( product numbers)

ML4LELa.jpg

The L channels are the ones on the inside, and the strips on the sides.

1L2hVHj.jpg

And the gate extender, .60 and the beams is cut from .80 sheet

n5SdIdT.jpg

And after some holes drilled, round stock inserted, its attached.

gquDLil.jpg

And the pieces that will the liftgate will move up and down with

38rNuut.jpg