Model Cars Magazine Forum

2017/18 Featherlite Transporter

Very impressive build.I admire your ability to plan and execute a trailer this size and keep everything in square.Do you have other trailers that we can see on line? Any link would be appreciated.

I am not a race fan at all but this is very neat,obviously well planned and neatly executed.I build models of vintage travel trailers from scratch and certainly understand the process involved.Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Very impressive build.I admire your ability to plan and execute a trailer this size and keep everything in square.Do you have other trailers that we can see on line? Any link would be appreciated.

I am not a race fan at all but this is very neat,obviously well planned and neatly executed.I build models of vintage travel trailers from scratch and certainly understand the process involved.Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Yes, look at the first post in this thread, I posted the last two that I built.

I wish everything was square,  its close, and the actual trailer shell was a lot more square before I screwed things ups ,  I need to redo the roof , as its not square at the front part, I will re do it later on down the road.

There is a plastics vendor in Lima,Ohio called U.S.Plastics that has an outlet store open to the public. I have gotten some large pieces of sheet styrene there in the past. They have shelves loaded with left over stock and overruns of various sizes.l will see what they have the next time I am in there and let you know. 

There is a plastics vendor in Lima,Ohio called U.S.Plastics that has an outlet store open to the public. I have gotten some large pieces of sheet styrene there in the past. They have shelves loaded with left over stock and overruns of various sizes.l will see what they have the next time I am in there and let you know. 

Sounds good

Look at the upper deck, I used masking tape to double as a sort of carpeting that is used up there, aluminum paint on the floor of the upper deck

2ekVMxs.jpg

Looking towards the front from the rear doors

KFzijSd.jpg

Looking towards the front of the upper deck,  the round stock that is on the roof is gas can holders

Bb19MFS.jpg

Rear doors in the open position

OWn6XT3.jpg

and closed,  I am not happy with them, I think I might redo them. ( I still need to install the lower track aka rest of the flooring )

7jZ9RbK.jpg

Looking at the deck railing where it will be

uJAu3GG.jpg

And with the ladders in place, those are the other kit items, they are from a junk fire engine, I am gonna need to get another fire truck kit to junk now before I building my next trailer :lol:

Acn05Bo.jpg

Jonathan this is sweet. Great planning and scratch building. You have been posting .8 thickness sheet this in mm correct?

Oh and his name is Cryle Busch not Klye. 

Yes, crys a lot Busch :lol:

I use different thickness, the floor/frame and the floor/ceiling between the two decks is .80,  the sides/roof are .30, the front piece is .20 , the interior is made up different sizes .20-.40, the lift gate is .60.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work on the Featherlite!! I've been out of the loop here for quite a while, and am catching up on some builds

If it helps to know, you can go to a plastics supplier, google that locally or yellow pages (NOT hobby shop) for styrene sheet. I just bought a sheet of .060 for 29 bucks... That's  4 foot by 8 foot sheet!  (Almost a quarter acre in 1/25) And .040 is cheaper. Same stuff as a hobby shop sells in little packages.  Dan.