Model Cars Magazine Forum

1 of 15,000 '48 Tucker

ranma

• 1 month later...

Just an FYI to all Tucker fans, the AACA museum in Hershey PA hs an amazing collection of Tuckers cars and collection of memorabilia including multiple iterations of engines, prototype frame, drive train and suspension components, pictures of the plant and original drawings by Preston Tucker and so on! Truly a must see. 

C6353CE2-A74B-4781-A0BA-0287A3E3E4BE.jpeg

422857CA-C57D-41B8-8BCD-B72EF4B312EB.jpeg

A few months ago at a local flea market, a woman was selling off her late father's massive 1:24 die-cast collection.  She came for several weeks, with a different batch of cars every time, until she sold them all.  At least I'm guessing that's what happened, since I haven't seen her at the flea market for a while.

One morning I caught her just after she arrived, and was still setting up her table.  She pulled out 2 of the Tucker die-casts - a gold one like yours, and another one in Waltz Blue. I grabbed both and hid them until she was ready to take my money.  I'd been trying to find one of those Tuckers for years, without paying crazy eBay prices.  That day I bought a couple of other die-cast cars and she gave me a good "volume discount" on all of them.  None of her cars had the box or Styrofoam, just the axle tag. I don't care. These will probably not be sold until my own estate sale...

I have the white Road Legends in 1/18 and a red Road legends (Yat Ming) in 1/43.   Would love to have a "mint" or Kyosho version.  

And yes, those will stay with me forever, unless a 1/24-25 comes out in plastic that is better.  Never happen.