Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 250 GTO (DONE)

FabbricaP

Hi everyone,

Here's my next build I just started. Fujimi kit with lots of nice details planned. Thanks for looking in!

fEIpbSv.jpg

My progress so far..

Ready for primer. Body lightly sanded and deepened panel lines

7EREhLY.jpg

I'll be using Borrani wire wheels from Model Factory Hiro and the kit tires. I assembled one Borrani for body/chassis fit check. The MFH Borrani's look great compared to the kit wheels.

bDYnXQ9.jpg

Sv2IOxm.jpg

HRM's resin motor looks fantastic. Can't wait to get it painted to see all the details. I just hope I can assemble it correctly, the throttle mechanism in particular looks tricky... 

hHAgNlF.jpg

Here's the HRM motor next to the kit motor. The kit motor is decent so I'm planning to make it into a display engine.

xGqxV2m.jpg

Some other detail goodies i'm planning on incorporating.

4TiKyrD.jpg

KRVrrS2.jpg

Edited by FabbricaP
build progress update

Which GTO in particular are you doing?

No particular chassis number , I'm just gonna build it the way I think looks good :). Body will be Tamiya Italian Red with white round number decals (no. 7 or 25 haven't decided yet). Interior will be pretty bare. Thanks for looking!

Hi everyone, thanks for following along so far.

I got all the primer coats on the body and most of the painting done on the chassis + other parts. Just got a beautiful set of aluminum funnel stacks and photo etch & resin steering wheels to add some more detailing.

Thanks for looking in!

First primer coat (Tamiya Light Grey)

qfO4UsG.jpg

Second primer coat (Tamiya White)

kGj2O9n.jpg

Final primer coat (Tamiya Pink)

KCSUrC9.jpg

kZ8Eqw6.jpg

Some more detailing goodies..

B9KYBVg.jpg

Like the new goodies Jason,  where did you find those steering wheels????

Randy

I was going to ask the same thing.

thanks for the comments everyone.

Randy, Mike - I got the steering wheels off ebay from bestbalsakits. Each one has a back and front resin piece with a PE part in the middle.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys. Finally got enough done to post something. The HRM engine is a challenge for me but I think it be a great addition to this already outstanding kit.

Thanks for looking in!

Chassis partially completed.

HVkw0Ig.jpg

0sRLGta.jpg

The PE brake discs from Hobby Design look great. Too bad I have to leave the brake calipers off as the Borrani wire wheels wouldn't fit properly with them in the way.

29k9qjk.jpg

nMayPBB.jpg

Mock up of interior tub.

EHLkWOr.jpg

I had a heck of a time trying to assemble the throttle mechanism on the HRM engine. After lots of swearing (which the instructions warned I would do.. lol) and lost parts I managed to complete it.. It may not be perfect and I definitely didn't follow the instructions 100% but I'm pretty happy with the result.

9kHw0s2.jpg

46MEYSK.jpg

oUS0uzA.jpg

0qFgwpW.jpg

RZJq7PD.jpg

Also got the distributors wired.

7DpiS96.jpg

xEBp0Po.jpg

Thank you for all the comments everybody.

Just a small update, getting close to finishing the engine and engine compartment. Made a chassis no. plate - it's a shame the kit doesn't provide a decal for this. Thanks for looking in!

cqUY3cr.jpg

HyFsR8C.jpg

oqTlyeA.jpg

YFPpWW5.jpg

wR49UaD.jpg

Edited by FabbricaP