Model Cars Magazine Forum

41 Dodge COE is done

It looks great to me. Just 1 thing I'm curious about. You call it a COE but it looks like its a conventional?   

Right now the truck doesn't have an engine as it's a curbside. If it did the engine would be under the feet of the driver s there isn't any room between firewall and core support. I would of had to rework the floorboards to sit above the engine to pull it off and didn't feel like all that work on this one!!

The truck looks great. After scratching my head a little , I couldn't remember what a 41 Dodge COE was supposed to look like , I found this ,

52203101_5298-large.JPG

it's a 41 Dodge COE , but there's also this ,

fargo.jpg

also a 41 Dodge COE , but called a Fargo , built by Chrysler for sale outside the US , mostly in Canada , the sheet metal didn't change for several years so it's hard to find a good pic of a 41 Fargo COE .

Edited by oldnslow

The truck looks great. After scratching my head a little , I couldn't remember what a 41 Dodge COE was supposed to look like , I found this ,

52203101_5298-large.JPG

it's a 41 Dodge COE , but there's also this ,

fargo.jpg

also a 41 Dodge COE , but called a Fargo , built by Chrysler for sale outside the US , mostly in Canada , the sheet metal didn't change for several years so it's hard to find a good pic of a 41 Fargo COE .

Good info, I'm not sure Jimmy's resin is an actual 41 Dodge either... Tried finding pics that matched the grille and body but none looked like it!!!!

Right now the truck doesn't have an engine as it's a curbside. If it did the engine would be under the feet of the driver s there isn't any room between firewall and core support. I would of had to rework the floorboards to sit above the engine to pull it off and didn't feel like all that work on this one!!

Ok, I thought all the COEs would be the snub nose style like the pic oldnslow posted. 
As for the grille/year, the grille seems slightly modified IF it should be the same design as the pickups'. It does look correct for the Fargo, again based on oldnslow's pic. I recently learned that although pickups used same grille from '39 - '46 ('47?) the position of the head lamp pods migrated farther to the outside.

Ok, I thought all the COEs would be the snub nose style like the pic oldnslow posted. As for the grille/year, the grille seems slightly modified IF it should be the same design as the pickups'. It does look correct for the Fargo, again based on oldnslow's pic. I recently learned that although pickups used same grille from '39 - '46 ('47?) the position of the head lamp pods migrated farther to the outside.

the grille on the Fargo is close to the resin but not exact as I’m looking at the two together here!! Like you say it is slightly modified!!!!