Model Cars Magazine Forum

80's Mustang

BiggC

Thanks everyone!!

This was a fun build. I fixed a few things under the hood so that it closes once on the car.

I got this kit from a friend of mine, had been trying to get it from him for a couple years. Once I got it I was itching to build it and I think it turned out alright. :lol:

By the way the color is a custom mix of HOK Cobalt Blue and an Amethyst Silver.

A FOX ROD!!! I like it. One of the coolest 1/1 trends is updating foxes, and you hit that perfectly. If I ever finish one of my current F1, or Lemans projects, I would like to follow in your lead. Certainly great inspiration!

Thanks for sharing.

Greg

As I said earlier, I really like this build/car! While I was gawking at it again, I realized something....

It has an MSD 6AL, distributor, and coil! That is an '06 intake on a sbf! I'm not a rivet counter, like I said, I love it. As a mustang guy, I am surprised that I didn't notice it the first time!

Cool stuff, I gotta build one. I have so many ideas that I would do to a 1/1 version, I just have to carry it over. I just wish they would make a notch in plastic! I've even thought of building a replica of Maximum Motorsports' LX American Iron racer.

Enough day dreaming for me.

Later,

Greg