Model Cars Magazine Forum
misterNNL

Window travel decals

I want to add some decals to a vintage travel trailer I am finishing.I would like to find some 1/25 scale state decals like those common in the 1940's and '50's.Some people would buy these small decals for each state they traveled to and put them on their vehicle to show how extensively they had traveled.Does anyone know of a source for these?

As I do not have either of these kits is there anyone out there that has some of these decals that they are not planning on using? Please contact me if you do. Thanks a lot!

Tom, I may have the set from the Talladega. I will check this weekend. And I know I have the Merc sheet for you.

.... Revell '49 Merc wagon had a great sheet ...

Found a link from this forum which shows what they look like:

MG_6485-1024x633.jpg

Thanks for posting the Mercury decal sheet.  You can see they are printed forward so they'd have to be put on the outside of a window, where real ones were printed backwards on the sticky side to be placed on windows from the inside, but visible from outside.  If you want to put these on the inside of the glass,  I did this successfully on another model.  I soaked the glue off the decal, and then applied it face down to the inside of the glass with Micro Kristal Klear  glue.  Once it dried it was perfectly visible.  

MY0009-2 jpg 8a15ce2003859be0726772914f6679a1

IMG 0391

Here's how I used this decal sheet.  This is a camper.

Edited by Tom Geiger

Tom, I have both sheets of the travel decals that have been mentioned. The Talladega and the Merc wagon. Send me your addy in a P.M. and I can get them out on Monday. I will send the whole sheet from the Torino and just the travel decals from the Merc.

Hover over the persons avatar photo and when the menu pops up, click on message.

I am installing all 10 Windows and the venitian blinds today on the scratch built Airfloat trailer project and the decals you are sending will make a really great additional detail.Thanks again for your generosity!

Steven,have you mailed the decals yet? The trailer is finished except for the decals. Thanks !