Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi everyone. New member, old builder

Hi everyone,

My names Tony and I'm a modelholic. I used to have a whole mess of good stuff but after my fathers passing his late wife went cuckoo and sold all mine and his collection in a garage sale. So I lost hundreds of my hard earned and well spent dollars so she could erase memories for 5 bucks a box. Anyways I was left with 1 full kit, a miniscule amount of parts, and a few paints and brushes. That happened a couple years ago and I gave up until just a few short months ago. Slowly I'm rebuilding my collection by scavenging facebook, hobby shops, facebook sales, and now I get to hopefully scavenge some goodies here. My build style is mainly custom pieces. Being that I grew up in body shops next to dad restoring and customozing some of the most incredible cars. Not to mention my dads super cool taste in the cars he drove... Just let me list a few I remember well. Orange with white striped opel gt, stock 1st gen mazda rx-7. A couple ford couriers and their counterpart mazda B2000s one of which he turned into a lowered convertible painted plum crazy purple, a wicked lifted 1981 toyota pick-up painted white with blue flames, and my absolute favorite was his blacked out '84 Gti with custom ghost checkered flag wrapping the entire back half in pearl blue. So my taste is'nt far off. My hands down favorites are the mk1 and mk2 Vw's leaning more towards the mk1. Owning a 1988 16v scirocco was a very proud segment of my 32 years on earth. I hope to get to learn some of you here, and learn some cool new ways to detail my pieces. I'm an easy going guy that loves cars from all corners of the earth and enjoy seeing the love others have for them as well. Happy building and thanks for the future tips and advice

Edited by StockBoresMe