Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lancia 037 rally

Dirtracer22

Great job on this one Wesley!!!    How was this kit for building up?  Have the Stratos in the stash and it looks nice in the box.

Randy

I think there are all sorts of possibilities with this kit. I'm gonna try to go a little more on a few things with the next one. The Martini is my favorite livery on about anything out there. They make photoetch stuff plus there's a lot of tanks and reservoirs etc to be scratch built as well. I cut the back off the body but it comes with the nose already separate but I didn't post a pic which I should've, I wish there were more group B kits out there.  Thanks for the compliments too. 

I could stare at this all day........outstanding job!!!!   -I have a couple of these as well.  Q: what did you use to paint the wheels?, and if you ever need extra decals for the Martini version, I have an extra kit, I will be  building mine as a road car.

Thank you very much. For the wheels I used Spaz Stix mirror chrome. If you paint it with their black lacquer (or really any gloss black) it looks amazing. I use alclad as well but not on these. 

Thank you very much. For the wheels I used Spaz Stix mirror chrome. If you paint it with their black lacquer (or really any gloss black) it looks amazing. I use alclad as well but not on these. 

Nice, I stopped using Alclad; I think the Spaz stix is WAAAY better, and its way more durable.