Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 weeks later...

You have some great pics. Love when you shot detail 

Love my Ford's!

Thanks, Mike. I'm usually shooting cars that I would like to model if one is available, so try to shoot with that in mind. So sometimes means some sort of funky photos as far as being a "good photo", but has some detail that I would. The old stick the camera under the frame and hope you have it pointed right situation; which is were I'll say that digital cameras have made that so much easier. Another show coming up in a couple of weeks at Sanderson, but as usual will probably be a year before I get them edited and up on site.

Thanks, Mike. I'm usually shooting cars that I would like to model if one is available, so try to shoot with that in mind. So sometimes means some sort of funky photos as far as being a "good photo", but has some detail that I would. The old stick the camera under the frame and hope you have it pointed right situation; which is were I'll say that digital cameras have made that so much easier. Another show coming up in a couple of weeks at Sanderson, but as usual will probably be a year before I get them edited and up on site.

I also shoot em looking for certain details that most people at car shows never notice.  I probably look like an old fool fawning over and under cars looking to get the right shots.  Yep, have had people looking at me with a weird look at times.  Love to talk to the owners and of course just about everyone that is showing their cars are willing to talk about their love for cars as I do the same with mine.

Yeah, that's Sanderson Ford at 51st Ave and Maryland in Glendale, AZ about a half mile from were I live so can stroll down to the shows. Traded my 89 Ranger in there for a 2000 Focus. On my 3rd Focus from them now, both the others got totaled. 25 years driving in Southern Cal traffic and a couple of minor fender benders. 2 cars totaled here in the last 9 years .. and people diss SoCal drivers. Been open since late 50's with the current owner is I think the son-in-law. He's a real car nut. They have a large facility since they were also a Ford Truck dealer and he's adapted one of their buildings over as a museum for his cars and usually has one displayed on the sales floor. During the shows they usually run tour groups over to the museum building.