Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Foose '48 Cadillac de-Foosed

Perspective Customs

I bought the Foose Eldorod from my local hobby shop and like others the windshield frame was slightly bent. No worries. I am going to use the roof and trunk lid from the AMT '51 Bel Air to bring the Caddy closer to stock with some custom touches. The problem is the Chevy and Caddy body dimensions are slighty off even though they are both listed as 1/25 scale. The good thing is the Chevy roof and trunk lid do fit the Caddy body somewhat. 

20170911_202416.jpg

Just need to figure out what to do with the gap between the hood and windshield since the Foose hood was apparently sectioned. Any suggestions? 

20170916_155548.jpg

I suggest modifying the lower edge of the windshield to match the foose hood and remove/clean up the wipers then add them later.

I like your roof idea and plan to watch what all you do with this build. While minor at this point I hope to see you do something with the shape of the windshield opening on the transplanted roof. I'm thinking of the windshield mounting on the sides and top, they seem very heavy looking.

Agreed. I've been hesitant to by any of the Foosemobiles, unless I know for an absolute fact that stock parts are also in the kit.

Yes, talk about bad taste. I guess there is a lot of people that want to be different, and having more money than brains, keep guys like Foose on business. I have nothing against him, as I don't know the guy, but I really dislike his "work". I mean, that hideous '56 Chevy he built for Titus, that thing is UGLY. He ruined the car. I watched almost all episodes of Overhaulin', and the only Foose built I likes was a early Bronco he built close to stock. 

Let's put it this way: If he depended on me to make a living, he would starve.

How would the Chevy hood match up with the Caddy body?

I think the Chevy hood would be too short and not wide enough, but it's only plastic and if the Pyro Auburn kit can be made to look good (with enough work) then getting the Chevy hood to fit the Caddy shouldn't be as hard as fixing all the problems with the Auburn kit.  ;)

Hey Mike...wrong scale, this model isn't 1/32nd:o

I like it...

I picked up the "Foose Caddie", ya need an extra body? I'm going to use everything else under a 1965 Pontiac Bonneville.

I need to build a custom for the model car contest at the California Custom Car Show in Santa Maria next May.

c'ya in April.

Hey Mike...wrong scale, this model isn't 1/32nd:o

I like it...

I picked up the "Foose Caddie", ya need an extra body? I'm going to use everything else under a 1965 Pontiac Bonneville.

I need to build a custom for the model car contest at the California Custom Car Show in Santa Maria next May.

c'ya in April.

Hey Curt, the Auburn isn't 1/32 scale, check out this thread for a little eye-candy proof: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/125494-1935-auburn-speedster-the-abysmal-lindbergpyro-kit-completely-reworked/?page=1

Looking forward to DSC14

Chevy and Cadillac in 1949--two different cars, two different body series.  While the major styling themes are very similar, Chevrolet used GM's A Body back then, while Cadillac used the GM C-body (which was longer and wider, with some curves and major contours being rather different. Fortunately, when we modelers do such conversions, "Plastic Surgery" can be relatively easy--no torches, no welding of sheet metal.

Art