Model Cars Magazine Forum

'67 Impala 1/24 Photo Review

Snake45

As promised, here's the pics of the new Supernatural '67 Impala in 1/24. IMHO the thing looks pretty darn good except something is very whack about the roof. Either it's too tall in the front and/or too short in the back, or the side window upper line is cut to give that impression, or some combination of all three. I'm going to see if that can be fixed, as otherwise, it's quite a nice model.

You can google-image to see pics of what the roof/window line SHOULD look like. Lotta pics of this (real) car on the net.

Your own comments/impressions/suggestions/observations/ideas welcomed. BTW, I've never seen the TV show so I'm not a fanboy, but I DO like '67 Impalas.

67ImpalaDC001.thumb.jpg.bb40b787b0794101

67ImpalaDC002.thumb.jpg.189cce1fa9d98c27

67ImpalaDC003.thumb.jpg.775d238f640b227a

67ImpalaDC004.thumb.jpg.21cba10f79ef8ddc

67ImpalaDC006.thumb.jpg.e3b8188d3c5f33ed

67ImpalaDC007.thumb.jpg.85014e673e69bb50

67ImpalaDC008.thumb.jpg.b59da8de0165018f

Wow! That IS a nice looking diecast Snake!

As far as the DLO...........hmmm...........seems to me the rear quarter window upper line could stand to be raised just a wee bit.

tsm114331.thumb.jpg.b95169042b8e53d771b1

The roof contours look fine as is.........just that upper line raised to be more like the 1:1, but only ever so slightly. There's a very subtle rake I see. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My local Meijer got these several weeks ago, and I nearly pulled the trigger, but the side window shape stopped me.

I still can't decide if the opening could be filed a bit to raise it up, and make it right, or if part of the problem is the slope of the roof.  Depending on the angle I looked at it, it could be one way or the other.  Since it was about $25, I drew the line for something with a pretty obvious proportional problem, that I wasn't sure I could fix.

If I could score one under $20 I'd probably bite.

• 2 weeks later...

The way the roof drops, I have a feeling GreenLight started with a fastback coupe and modified it into the sedan. A few years ago I was working with a different diecast manufacturer and their factory did just that. My job was to try to explain the different rooflines in a way that could make it through a rep and a translator

• 4 weeks later...

Picked one of these up, it's actually nicer than it appears in photos, I'm going to convert it to stock with a wheel change and some detailing.

My photos don't do it justice--except for the wonky roof, it's very nice indeed. Are you going to do anything about the roof, Geno? I know you're not afraid of metal work. What stock 1/24 wheels/tires are you going to put on it?

My photos don't do it justice--except for the wonky roof, it's very nice indeed. Are you going to do anything about the roof, Geno? I know you're not afraid of metal work. What stock 1/24 wheels/tires are you going to put on it?

Hi Richard, I'm not quite sure where I'm going to go with it yet, I just know I can't leave it as is LOL.;):D