Model Cars Magazine Forum

Short Shot Fix

Joe Handley

No I think that's doable. I'd just cut a similarly shaped piece that's thicker, and weld it in with some Tenax. As the plastic softens, really jam the wedge in there to fill the whole notch. Then let it dry and plastic re-harden. Sand to shape and thickness, filler as necessary.

What Rob said, but file the edges of the missing area straight before you make your insert patch. That way, you don't have to match the curves and depth exactly, as you would otherwise.

Simply match the angle, leaving some material sticking down at the bottom for a 'handle'. Plenty of liquid cement, do just as Rob says...really push it in there when it's wet.

Let it dry at least overnight, file off the extra from the bottom, and shape.

Thanks guys, that's  what I was thinking of doing, I was just hoping for something a bit easier and quicker. I had wondered about getting a second one and maybe chopping the top a wee bit then using a section of roof from a second body to stretch that and patch that hole at the same time. I also have a couple  Revell '59 Eldo coupes with crushed roof pillars, will the grill and bumpers fit these bodies?

No I think that's doable. I'd just cut a similarly shaped piece that's thicker, and weld it in with some Tenax. As the plastic softens, really jam the wedge in there to fill the whole notch. Then let it dry and plastic re-harden. Sand to shape and thickness, filler as necessary.

I was going to suggest filling the divot with Loctite Superglue Gel and then filing/sanding to shape, but that would work, too. Probably even better.

R2 owes you a good body, if you want to contact them and wait for it. But this little divot is VERY fixable.

I was going to suggest filling the divot with Loctite Superglue Gel and then filing/sanding to shape, but that would work, too. Probably even better.

R2 owes you a good body, if you want to contact them and wait for it. But this little divot is VERY fixable.

I may need a receipt and I need to check if the store stuck one for the exchange in the bag.........which is 5 floors down in the parking garage of the local hospital where my 200 is currently parked. Mom is back in there again and I brought it up to the room in a different bag with me when I got here.