Model Cars Magazine Forum

going to call it "Dadillac"

randyc

My Dad and my grandfather before him always wanted to own Cadillacs.   Well, my Dad did own a few.   His first was a "4 light" Fleetwood in a navy metallic with blue vinyl top.  This is my tribute to my Dad's love of Caddies.  The blue is a dupli color paint, but is a little vivid.  I should have picked the less exciting color.  At any rate, this is what I came up with.  I used a photoetched radio face and stuck a cassette in there - Daddy woulda had some gospel music on a cassette back then.  He ended up rolling the Fleetwood in Michigan on a work trip.  

I used the best wheels I could find - they look most Caddy-like.  +10 pts if you can call the original kit... lol Tires are the wide white Satcos with the sidewall painted and rib stripe scraped.  It was a fun build and I think Daddy woulda loved it. 

It isn't perfect, but hey, it was fun and now it's done.

IMG_20170917_104256299_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170917_104248044_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170917_104212030_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170917_104218836.jpg

IMG_20170908_101342162.jpg

That is a great looking tribute to your Dad!  Love the color, too!  Several years ago, I took the Revell Uptown Caddy STS-V and de-blinged it and built it as a stock STS-V, so it is possible to build these low rider types of models as stock.

Really nice work, and for the bonus points aren't the wheel covers from one of the 70's MPC Impala or Caprices? I remember one as a kid the could be built as a CRP Mountie or some kind of pace car and came with a trailer. I painted the center medallion the same red back then.