Model Cars Magazine Forum

Deal's Wheels Baja Humbug Restoration

With the reissue due out in a few months I decided it was time to restore one I've had rattling around in a box for years .  It's completely box stock except for some plug wires and home made decals . Now I have a stock build to display next to the heavily modified reissue I have planned . :D

This is what I started with .

The body was cleaned , polished , and cleared .

I detailed the engine .

4 - Engine

And printed some duplicates of the original decals .

3 - Decals

Edited by TooOld

Very nice save.

I gave all my Deals Wheels builds to my dad. When he passed I brought them upstairs along with MANY other builds. I asked my brother Rick if he wanted any builts and he went right to all the Deals stuff. He took the lot last night. I was sad but happy to see them go.

Very nice save.

I gave all my Deals Wheels builds to my dad. When he passed I brought them upstairs along with MANY other builds. I asked my brother Rick if he wanted any builts and he went right to all the Deals stuff. He took the lot last night. I was sad but happy to see them go.

Thanks very much !  Must have been hard to let a collection like that go , but at least it went to a good home instead of the landfill .

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice restoration Bob. I love Deal's Wheels. I'll probably get one of these, as soon as they reappear on the shelves.

Thanks Much !  They're not for everybody but I've liked them since they first appeared in the early 70's :D