Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pocher Porsche 911 1/8 Scale.

A couple of days ago I stumbled across a Pocher Rivarossi Porsche 911 1/8 scale. Untouched Unbuilt. Maybe a few finger prints but all parts still

in sealed plastic bags. To build or not to build is the question. Never thought I would ever see one in real life never mind owning one.

I had to tell someone.

Just thinkin if I sold it I could buy a lot of Peterbilt trucks to build.

Ken.

DSCN5193.JPG

DSCN5234.JPG

DSCN5200.JPG

It's a great kit to own, not so much to build. It is much more like an Maisto diecast kit than a Pocher, and it is the most disappointing model purchase I have ever made.

Depends, Even though straight out of the box build is somewhat a disappointment, building modelbuilders-style does create a very, very nice display model . You just have to add more detail and attention to the kit. But it is very rewarding!

The point is that it is not what I expect of a Pocher. No carpet or even a hint of how to add it, the huge one piece suspension pieces, not a particularly well-detailed engine. Much of it I could easily correct (some I have), but I shouldn't have to. Any other brand, I'd be OK with it.

The prestige series of Pocher, never were known for their high attention to detail and finesse. They were considerably cheaper and much easier to build.  Somewhat funny, but you can also tell on how they are offered for sale: The prestige series are often put for sale completely build, where the classic series are often put up for sale, only engine and chassis build.

But I can see your point, when I bought my very first Pocher ( a white Testarossa convertible) I was dissapointed in a way, but there is also much potential to it. The used prices are reasonable. Except for the Volvo and the Huracan, I have from every base-model at least 1; you can tell a lot of differences between every kit.

What I find positive about the porsche, is that the chassis is metal and the body plastic, just like the classic series. Unlike the Ferrari's and Lamborghini's with their metal body.

I say go for building it and adding details, which should be easier in 1/8th scale. I just got the Aventador Roadster kit, Pocher, and look forward to taking my time and adding as much extra detail as I can. I still plan to build 1/25th and 1/24th most of the time, only hit the large scale once in awhile, when I'm really in the mood.

IMG_1656.JPG

I say go for building it and adding details, which should be easier in 1/8th scale. I just got the Aventador Roadster kit, Pocher, and look forward to taking my time and adding as much extra detail as I can. I still plan to build 1/25th and 1/24th most of the time, only hit the large scale once in awhile, when I'm really in the mood.

IMG_1656.JPG

Very nice. your tempting me. I put it up for sale, mmm maybe......tempting.

I am keeping my eye on things...bit pricey at the moment for the Carerra

Already have the the Pochers I want ....some partially made others not yet started 

Alfa Romeosx2, Bugatti, F40, Testarossa

The Lambos and the Ducati are tempting. But I have a lifetime of kits to build at the moment

Open to offers. You can never have to many models.

• 4 months later...

You can check out Harry's Porsche here that Amy is selling. ;)

I had a partially built one of these (Silver) years ago, but just wasn't impressed by the kit at all, and later lost interest in it and sold it.

These were kind of a letdown IMO compared to their fantastic (but fiddly) earlier 1/8 kits.