• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fujimi 15" wheels and vette sawblades.

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Thinking of ordering a set of fujimi wheels for an amt scirocco build. If you have experience with this kit you'll know its a pretty tiny example of a 1/25. I'm just asking for pictures of any of your builds that may include the wheels in the pictures or other fujimi 15" sets. My ideal set would be a set of the early 90s corvette sawblades but unless taken off a vette thats maybe a 1/32 scale i think they would be too bigScreenshot_2017-09-19-21-05-02.thumb.png

Screenshot_2017-09-19-21-06-09.png

Screenshot_2017-09-19-21-05-02.png

Posted

I think you'll find that a set of MPC Vette wheels will have a smaller outside diameter than the Fujimi wheels.

Even though the real Vette wheels from back then were getting up to 17 and 18 inches, MPC never made bigger tires so thier wheels are undersized.

I have a Fujimi Celica XX with the Watanabe wheels and they look larger then the Vette wheels but I've never really looked at them side by side.

Posted

I think you'll find that a set of MPC Vette wheels will have a smaller outside diameter than the Fujimi wheels.

Even though the real Vette wheels from back then were getting up to 17 and 18 inches, MPC never made bigger tires so thier wheels are undersized.

I have a Fujimi Celica XX with the Watanabe wheels and they look larger then the Vette wheels but I've never really looked at them side by side.

like this maybe? Also do you have the celica readily available for picture reference?

Screenshot_2017-09-19-21-55-24.png

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'd suggest Ronals for the desert wind.

Or a nice 5 spoke.  I had both on my 1:1 and they were pretty killer looking.  Ft the lines f the car very well.  Add ground effects and you've a very cool car.

I'd do these Ronals;

http://www.clearlyscale.com/product/ronal-turbo-15-wheel-set-of-4

Ronal_Turbo_1a.jpg

Or these 5 spoke;

http://www.eightyone81.com/rm013-mugen-mr5-rimset/

DSC05047.jpg

Edited by aurfalien

Posted

Hi,

I'd suggest Ronals for the desert wind.

Or a nice 5 spoke.  I had both on my 1:1 and they were pretty killer looking.  Ft the lines f the car very well.  Add ground effects and you've a very cool car.

I'd do these Ronals;

http://www.clearlyscale.com/product/ronal-turbo-15-wheel-set-of-4

Ronal_Turbo_1a.jpg

1st of all kudos on knowing what scirocco translates to in vw. Most watercooled cars had a wind themed name. And by chance do those come with the turbo arrow decals?

Posted

1st of all kudos on knowing what scirocco translates to in vw. Most watercooled cars had a wind themed name. And by chance do those come with the turbo arrow decals?

Hi and thank you sir.  Well I was a bit of a Scirocco nut case, had 3 of em, 1 of which was a 49 state car.  Can you say street legal super charger w/o emissions control circa 1980s in Cali?  Yes, I can.

Unsure about decals with the wheels but ask Jeremy@ClearlyScale, he is a very cool guy.  Or better, ask Randy Ditton at Model Builders Warehouse as he carries Clearly Scale and is the best to deal with.

Randy can get answers from these casters way faster then us and he has THE BEST communication.  I love him!

Posted

I'll admit thats my 1st time seeing clearly scales sight.... Zender, borbets,turbos 16v's.........HOLY FUCHS!!!! My head is spinning

Posted (edited)

I'll admit thats my 1st time seeing clearly scales sight.... Zender, borbets,turbos 16v's.........HOLY FUCHS!!!! My head is spinning

Hi,

Killer right?

And get this, Jeremy is coming out with a V16 Cizeta engine (the transverse V16) and hopefully someday his McLaren M6GT.  The guy is awesome.

Speaking of great casters, did you know Norm@HRM has just come out with a Chaparral 2A?  Wow man, we got some cool toys to think about.

Edited by aurfalien

Posted

Hi,

Killer right?

And get this, Jeremy is coming out with a V16 Cizeta engine (the transverse V16) and hopefully someday his McLaren M6GT.  The guy is awesome.

Speaking of great casters, did you know Norm@HRM has just come out with a Chaparral 2A?  Wow man, we got some cool toys to think about.

Not to steal the thread but my HRM Chappy got delivered yesterday.  Typical really nice stuff you can expect from him.  Only odd thing is the body feels more like plastic than resin but no worries there.

Posted

Not to steal the thread but my HRM Chappy got delivered yesterday.  Typical really nice stuff you can expect from him.  Only odd thing is the body feels more like plastic than resin but no worries there.

Hi,

Wow, cool.

Care to share some pics of the kit?

Posted

I will see if I can get some good photos and post them.

Posted

I have some photos and will put them in the News and Reviews

Hi,

Wow, cool.

Care to share some pics of the kit?