Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Ford Mustang GT

Jurva

Revell's somewhat questionable snapkit kit. Lot's of small changes have been made to make it look less toyish.

- 4mm lowering
- Brakes added, with new wheels and tyres.
- Headlights were painted with silver backing. Removed that and added some random reflectors.
- Rear panel painted with smoke color, to hide kits hideous rear lights, which paint cannot be removed.
- All the markers had to painted along with the interios parts
- New tail pipes
- Added side mirrors from 350Z and some random rear view mirror.

P1110131.JPG

P1110132.JPG

Edited by Jurva

This car has been out for three years and we still do not have a non-snap kit.  Are the model companies asleep?  Rant over.  Great job on this.

crying shame!  I have actually e-mailed revell begging them to step up and get a model of the 2003/4 Mustang and the 2015/16/17 Mustangs.  The answer back was "that's a good idea and we will be exploring the possibility of bringing them to market"!  That was 2 years ago.

come on companies, give us what we want and not these lamo snap tite models.  Are they not interested in earnings?

Great build on this.

I have one in the stash, but the interior of this snap kit is awful... You have done the car justice tho, and nice mods!

I added some Molotow chrome to the interior to spice it up. Interior was somewhat simplified.