Model Cars Magazine Forum

White wall tires

Don't know for sure, but have you tried Scale Equipment LTD? They have several different sizes of tires and also have whitewall decals. Maybe that would work for you. Links below to their 'Tires' page and another link to tire dimension chart.

http://www.seltd.net/ez-catalog/X344897/26

https://images54.fotki.com/v1642/photos/2/3733132/14239300/TireDim3-vi.jpg

Yeah, your squirrels are what I call white squirrels. What we have here are albinos, pink eyes and all. As strange as it may be, there are dozens and dozens of them here. You see them everywhere. I've got one in my backyard. He visits almost daily. But they are, in fact, all albinos. Really strange to have any mammal continue to produce generation after generation of more albinos. Yeah, ours are white, but not the way I think. I consider your kind to really be white. Oh, well.

Must be a 13" wheel?

Seems awfully small for anything larger.

I know that Pegasus makes some lower profile white wall tires with "lowrider" style wheels.

I have a set somewhere that I didn't use because they looked too small for a 14" or 15" wheel.

They came with the Dodge Lancer style 4 bar spinner wheels.

Steve

PGS-1127W-2.jpg

I'm using a set of the rereleased AMT tires and the look about equal to an old 750 x 15 tire. They offer both wide white wall and narrow whites. They also have a four tire set with 4- 6.70 x 15 and 4- 9.00 x 15  sizes so you could mix or match a set. They come in a red and white box at most hobby shops.  

• 3 weeks later...

Sure do miss Modelhaus!!!

You ain't kiddin'! I'm still looking for a set of narrow band whitewall tires that would suit compacts such as Corvairs. One of my wish list restos I'd like to do is a '61 four door. True that '61's still would have had WWW's, but I'd make mine an end of model year "day two" car. ;)