Model Cars Magazine Forum

Next Meng Kit Announced - How About a Jeep?

niteowl7710

yes-yes-yes-gif-1.gif

Cool..will be nice to see a modern Jeep kit.   The Rubicon 10th Anniversary would be from 2013.     Though I'd rather see a current Grand Cherokee, like the Trailhawk or 75th Anniversary Edition. 

I would rather see a current Wrangler over a Grand Cherokee since the Wrangler has plenty more options for customization and trim levels that could be replicated.

Edited by Jordan White

I would rather see a current Wrangler over a Grand Cherokee since the Wrangler has plenty more options for customization and trim levels that could be replicated.

The Grand Cherokee has 9 different trim levels and loads of aftermarket customization going on... I own one, so that would be my preference....but the Wrangler will be nice to have.

IMG-2218.JPG

Edited by Rob Hall

I will admit that it would be nice to someday have the current GC in kit form.

According to the Meng site, this kit will have a working suspension unlike their previous two kits. 

http://www.meng-model.com/new.php?id=741

I'm very interested to see what subjects they continue to come up with, since they are doing kits so far that no one else has done (yes there were snap Hummer kits, but no full-detail). So far, they've done one from Ford, one from GM, and now one from FCA. Wonder which manufacturer will be next?

YES!!!!!, I have no problem shelling out $70 on this one, interesting it appears to be a U.S. spec. Model. Not the Chinese version which has different front fenders and front bumper. 10th anniversary Rubicon makes it a 2013, but it hasn't changed much since then and is very similar to the 2017. 

Similarly to the Platz M6 taking a long time coming out after being announced, the unicorn I've had on preorder with HLJ for 3 1/2 years now is the Ebbro 1968 Lotus 49B..don't know if it's a licensing issue w/ Lotus (they have released other Lotus F1 kits in the interim) or the tobacco livery or what...supposedly, coming next month, but previous release date announcements have come and gone, so I'm not holding my breath. 

Edited by Rob Hall

Wish I could get excited about this kit but I can't. Call me a purist, but the Jeeps have become too much a luxury SUV and have strayed way far from their roots. I understand some of the changes were necessitated by government standards and trying to appeal to more buyers, but I lost interest in Jeeps when they started hanging all the plastic add on stuff on them.

I am really hoping someone would take a page from the Moebius folks and develop a series of models like the Ford F series trucks they are doing for Dodge and GM trucks from 67- 80.

Similarly to the Platz M6 taking a long time coming out after being announced, the unicorn I've had on preorder with HLJ for 3 1/2 years now is the Ebbro 1968 Lotus 49B..don't know if it's a licensing issue w/ Lotus (they have released other Lotus F1 kits in the interim) or the tobacco livery or what...supposedly, coming next month, but previous release date announcements have come and gone, so I'm not holding my breath. 

I have a couple sets of nippers( spure cutters) on back order, that have been on B/O for since 2015, one of them is no longer in the catalog for Mr Hobby :lol: