Model Cars Magazine Forum

Willys Surrey

Brizio

I'm not familiar with this kit  but it looks interesting. I take it you're going to create a more realistic hood hinges ?? The body proportions look perfect and a very nice drive train. I'll enjoy watching what you do with this kit.  

I too started the same project but using the MPC jeep kit as a base, swapping  out the front axle for a beam. Sadly I found the task of masking up the two tone paint scheme and tackling a realistic Surrey top ( the MPC kit includes one) rather daunting and back in the box it went.

Good luck with the build, I will be watching your progress.

I'm not familiar with this kit  but it looks interesting. I take it you're going to create a more realistic hood hinges ?? The body proportions look perfect and a very nice drive train. I'll enjoy watching what you do with this kit.  

I haven't decided yet about the hood hinges. Maybe without hinges. I build this kit different times and it is pretty nice, the only thing I wish, is that the tire/wheels should have been slightly bigger. Thank you David! :)

I too started the same project but using the MPC jeep kit as a base, swapping  out the front axle for a beam. Sadly I found the task of masking up the two tone paint scheme and tackling a realistic Surrey top ( the MPC kit includes one) rather daunting and back in the box it went.

Good luck with the build, I will be watching your progress.

Agree with you, masking the top is quit a bit of work. I was thinking to use some fabric for it. :) Thanks Stuart! :)

Can't wait to see more.

Thank you Marty! :)