• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

Sombreros from '62 T-Bird

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey, guys......... I'm on the lookout for a set of the Sombrero wheels from the AMT '62 Thunderbird. I have the tires and backs, just would need the wheels.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated! Thanks............

Posted

Can you please show us what they look like?

Posted

Sure, Tom........ These are the ones!

mockups_002.thumb.JPG.ef9866e520da0025a5

Posted

PM sent

Posted

I'd like to find an old AMT Annual '58 Buick, hardtop preferred but would consider a convertible as well if it's fairly complete. I prefer something which doesn't have the details shaved off and as complete as possible, although I do have a spare grille for one. I may even have something to trade for this model.

Jim

Posted

PM sent

Thank you, Paul....... PM returned

Posted

I'd like to find an old AMT Annual '58 Buick, hardtop preferred but would consider a convertible as well if it's fairly complete. I prefer something which doesn't have the details shaved off and as complete as possible, although I do have a spare grille for one. I may even have something to trade for this model.

Jim

Drat!  I sold an AMT 58 Buick hardtop body on eBay, back in July of this year. (See pic below.)  It had been painted/stripped, but all the details were still there.  It got a lot of bids and went for $33.99.  I also sold a 58 Buick convertible and hardtop body as a lot.  They had all the details sanded off, except for the big chrome spear on the side. They sold for $15.50.  I found a whole box full of early AMT bodies at a local flea market. Most had been shaved, cut up, puttied and had other atrocities done to them. Only the 58 Buick and a 59 Edsel hardtop were unshaved and complete.

I thought about trying to restore some of them, like that Buick hardtop.  But didn't feel like chasing down all the other parts, since those parts are so expensive and hard to find these days.

3c.JPG