Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Dodge Daytona 440 Restoration

RandyB.

Built this Revell 1969 Dodge Daytona 440 several years ago before I used BMF. I wanted to do a mild restoration to bring the model up to my current building standards. It originally had a white wing and white deck stripe and silver paint for trim. Changed the tires from redlines to white lettered.

Revell_1969_Dodge_Daytona1.thumb.jpg.752

Revell_1969_Dodge_Daytona2.thumb.jpg.efb

Revell_1969_Dodge_Daytona3.thumb.jpg.600

Revell_1969_Dodge_Daytona4.thumb.jpg.ee4

Revell_1969_Dodge_Daytona6.thumb.jpg.7c8

Revell_1969_Dodge_Daytona7.thumb.jpg.cc0

You are on a restoration before I finished mine.  not sure why mine stalled but it's been over 10 years and 3 moves and 2 wives I guess since I last worked oon it.  Wonder where it is?  It will turn up again...  lol   GReat work, as usual.

Randy, this has to be the best build of a Daytona I've ever seen. Everything is "just right".You used to call me or e-mail me when building a Chrysler Corp. vehicle for technical advise. You clearly don't need me in that capacity any longer. Take a well deserved bow. Dave, AKA Fury 3

Randy, this has to be the best build of a Daytona I've ever seen. Everything is "just right".You used to call me or e-mail me when building a Chrysler Corp. vehicle for technical advise. You clearly don't need me in that capacity any longer. Take a well deserved bow. Dave, AKA Fury 3

Thanks again everyone! Dave, yes your help with Mopars helped me a lot but my knowledge of them is still very sparse.

1969_Dodge_Charger_440_and_1969_Dodge_Da1969_Dodge_Charger_440_and_1969_Dodge_Da

Edited by RandyB.