Model Cars Magazine Forum

Swap-N-Build CBP

Jhedir6

I've made a small bit of progress on the 442.

Body painted, BMF'd, first coat of clear applied. For some reason, I got a crazy amount of dust in the clearcoat, hoping that I will be able to wet sand it and get it smoothed out. Other problem is that my can of clear decided to vomit on the car, leaving a terrible finish. 

Ohhh, and some dummy forgot to put the decals on the body before the first coat of clear. Remembered them right before I grabbed the clear for the hood. Got the decals on the hood then before clear. The stripe on the right side started to rip a little though. BARELY noticeable after one coat of clear though it will probably show up well in pictures.

Most of the engine bay area is complete, some small paint touch up area to address.

Machined some new center caps for the Pegasus wheels, not terribly fond of the three spoke spinners that they come with.

20171115_115653[1].jpg

20171115_115735[1].jpg

Edited by 68shortfleet

That hood is looking great Jason! The body does look like it could use some wet sanding. I'm sure it will look great once you do that. I like those wheel centers.

I hate forgetting things like you said. Seems like I do it often enough. I get something in mind to do and get after it....then realize I should have done something else first.

I got the frame wood finished this morning. It looks pretty good to me. Now I need to move on to the panel wood. I decided that I am going to do painted plastic instead of real wood panels. I had to touch up a bit of paint on the roof and the fenders from errant brush strokes. Looks good now. Unfortunately I left my cell phone at a coffee shop last night so I am not able to take any pics at the moment. Tomorrow though.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

Nice work guys. Keep it coming.

We're still looking for one more to pair off, so if you'd like to join, its not too late.

Update on my ASA Camaro. Paint is on, Scale Finishes Bright White. Decals are done. They were a bit of a challenge since the kit is 30 yrs old, they went on good, but were a pain to get off the carrier paper.

Clear going on now, I'll be using a floor wax, I think a 2K might be too hot for the decals.

Chassis assembly is on going, more to add on and detail painting to do. More tonight, since its my last night off before an eight day stretch.

For now...

20171122_185334_zpsgzgrldpq.jpg

20171122_185411_zpsetrywjlh.jpg

More later on tonight.

Man, David, that looks fantastic! Great work on those decals. I have been working on mine for the last couple of days. Just pecking away at little details. I decided to do real wood on the panels after testing out a couple of different stains on my Birch wood. Unfortunately, I brought home the wrong stain so I have to drive 30 miles into town on one of the WORST weekends to have to go into town! Oh well. I talked to a buddy of mine last night and he and I are going to cast my wheel master so that I don't have to make 3 more. That will save a bit of time.

Later-

Small update for me. Clear is on, floor wax, needs to be wet sanded then rubbed out. I'm in the middle of my eight day work week, so we'll see how I feel in the morning and try to get on that. And maybe some chassis work too.

For now, 

20171127_035436_zpsbpzrfrfv.jpg

20171127_035450_zpsac7wgyfs.jpg

20171127_035507_zpsxmd8zpce.jpg

I was too tired to even bother moving my Castrol BMW M6 out of the way for the shots.

• 4 months later...