• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

Swap-N-Build CBP

56 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So here is the kit that I received today from Modlbldr. Looks like a pretty decent kit so far, but probably not one that I would have picked off the shelves at the store. And that was kinda the purpose of this swap idea.

Pretty sure I know exactly what to do with it though. I am a pretty big fan of restomod type builds in 1:1, so I think that is what I will be doing here. 

Odds are pretty good that the car will end up being red too, but I will spend some time with Google images and see if anything else stands out to me. Definitely will not end up with the kit supplies wheels/tires or at stock suspension height either.

20171018_122620.jpg

Saving this link here so I can find it later.

Edited by 68shortfleet

Posted

Jason, 

Glad to see that you got it. I hope you enjoy it and looking forward to what you do to it.

Later-

Posted

Got Dark Side of the Moon on the turntable and going to finish removing the wood panels. Three more to go. Then I'll probably get started on the engine and a few other bits.

Later-

Posted

After spending some time looking at Google images of the 442 in 1/25 and 1/1 scale it seems to me that the people that build these Oldsmobile's are kinda purists of stock cars. Really didn't find anything that inspired me at all. 

So, I will be building this to the vision in my head. Hope it transfer to plastic reasonably well.

I did some test fitting of the bumpers and glass to the body yesterday. All parts fit incredibly well. With that, I got the body into primer.

Posted

After spending some time looking at Google images of the 442 in 1/25 and 1/1 scale it seems to me that the people that build these Oldsmobile's are kinda purists of stock cars. Really didn't find anything that inspired me at all. 

So, I will be building this to the vision in my head. Hope it transfer to plastic reasonably well.

I did some test fitting of the bumpers and glass to the body yesterday. All parts fit incredibly well. With that, I got the body into primer.

I had issue too. I got one of these in the stash to build as a restomod/proturing one day. This was the pic I found I like the best.

442-2_zps95o7vcvo.jpg

Posted

Got my chassis assembled. Time to prime and paint it. Then I can detail paint and start assembly.

20171019_151646%201_zpsptr1e2rf.jpg

20171019_151624_zpszqza80xw.jpg