• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

1973-79 Ford F-150 Supercab

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I just recently bought a real deal 1977 Ford F-150 Supercab short bed. I know that there isn't a model of my truck, but that the AMT Firestone Macho Machine is pretty close to what I have. 

I'm interested in commissioning someone to cut and splice this body, bed and frame. I know that I would need 3 cabs to make the Supercab and that's not a problem. My skill level isn't good enough at all to make this happen. 

Anyone interested in taking this task on? Maybe even resin casting it for others who may be interested? 

Thanks!!

Posted

There was a company called Blue Oval resins that offered some cabs and beds and I think they had a resin cab to do the conversion you are wanting to do. I don't think they are still in business, check out eBay to see what is out there.

Posted

There is a guy on the Facebook group '1973-1979 ford pickup scale replica group' that is/was planning on casting Supercabs, Crew Cabs and beds of different lengths for the '73-79...have seen prototypes of the resin bodies on there.

Posted

There is a guy on the Facebook group '1973-1979 ford pickup scale replica group' that is/was planning on casting Supercabs, Crew Cabs and beds of different lengths for the '73-79...have seen prototypes of the resin bodies on there.

Really? Could you tell me what Facebook group?

Posted

There was a company called Blue Oval resins that offered some cabs and beds and I think they had a resin cab to do the conversion you are wanting to do. I don't think they are still in business, check out eBay to see what is out there.

thanks! I'll keep an eye out on eBay!

Posted

Really? Could you tell me what Facebook group?

heh-heh..it was in my post. "1973-1979 ford pickup scale replica group" is the name of the group. 

Posted

heh-heh..it was in my post. "1973-1979 ford pickup scale replica group" is the name of the group. 

My apologies! I just got real excited and must have missed that sentence! Thanks!