Model Cars Magazine Forum

dodge colt ??

oldr-n-drt

Hi Hairy, 

I searched for info on a Colt body a couple months ago. If you're using the Doyusha Levin body, I was given some help by DaddyFink (Jesse) as he referred this kit to me and he also shared that the scale is off.  It's neither 1/24th or 1/25th scale.  An odd ball, DaddyFink suggested it's more like 1/22nd scale. After a lot of research on the real car, I believe Jesse had those numbers pegged.  I took out 7.0mm down the center to narrow the body and shortened it 8.0mm at the doors (this is where they stretched it to fit the electric motor).  The rockers are off too as they're about 4.0mm to long. A bunch more work on it yet to make it work but I was satisfied that the biggest cuts I had to make brought it back into a more realistic scale.  It's a good basis to build one from if you can find the kit as it's more than 20 years old.  If you have one already,  I believe you'll have to scratch-build the frame to make one work.  I had purchased some resin bodies but I wasn't satisfied with the quality/accuracy.

Good luck, Tim

No problem Hairy,  I wasn't aware that Toyota made the Colt, from my research I thought it was made by Mitsubishi and imported by Chrysler in partnership. I learned something new today.  Thanks and good luck on your build.  Cheers, Tim

codi...not the kit I am talking about..yall have the ,1969 colt galant gs11 by doyusha in your fotki account...I have it also..both kits bought in 2003..one I am asking is..Toyota te27 Levin 2door post, 1972 colt made by fujimi...thanks hairy

I'm not sure what you are asking, but they are two different kits of two different subjects.  One a Mitsubishi, one a Toyota.   No correlation between the Dodge Colt (Mitsubishi origin) and the Toyota Corolla Levin other than that they were compact Japanese cars from the same era...I have the Fujimi Levin kit, plan to use the chassis that came with it.

For a Dodge Colt, there is a resin Pro Stock kit out there from SMH, besides the old Doyusha kit. 

Edited by Rob Hall