Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Plastic @ Hobby Lobby

Went up to my local HL and found some NEW PLASTIC... Which some of is nice and some i didnt know was released while there was a few spots waiting on more plastic which i took plenty of pics of... 

Finally have the Suburban kit in my HL20170923_143915.thumb.jpg.8cf6e8849319b8Black Widow kit is in stock20170923_143923.thumb.jpg.7623cfaca6207d

Never saw that this Thunderbolt kit got reissued... might be neat to dig into?

20170923_143928.thumb.jpg.4128e62231760eFinally have the 90 lx rustang to at this one

20170923_144237.thumb.jpg.0815a88140d883Gran Torino kit

20170923_144415.thumb.jpg.4afe94cd80140cFoose Caddy

20170923_144326.thumb.jpg.76e98dbc11636c2 Empty spots waiting on something, im wondering if they will be filled with whats mentioned on the tags?

20170923_144004.thumb.jpg.8c994376ef26e420170923_144313.thumb.jpg.b91028af72d012Mack Truck builders can rejoice!

20170923_144025.thumb.jpg.a5e4c15dcff1b4Then there is finally the 2016 Vette Sting Ray that i havent seen in a while

20170923_144127.thumb.jpg.c9a96af862ce1dThanks 

Comments and Criticism welcomed!... 

Wow your guy's prices are sure going up ! No Revell 70' Charger rt ?

I didnt see a spot for it yet... Maybe one of those empty spots will be for the charger and they may not have pulled the stickers off the side yet?

I hope ours gets some fresh kits. Terrible artwork on the Torino however.

I thought the same with that cheesy artwork...lol wonder is that the same kit as the starsky and hutch car or what?

Thanks for posting that..

I get paid next Friday, there are a couple of wants there. 

Russ

If that spot for the 83' Camaro is what its going to be then ill definitely get that and maybe that 16' Vette kit...

I noticed that a HL in Gastonia NC had some new inventory as shown above. It was mentioned in a different post that HL has decided to price label most kits at $29.99, which is certainly their right to do. I almost always buy a kit there with the 40% off coupon so paying $18 plus tax is acceptable to me.

I'm tempted to go for the Black Widow. But, do I really need another '57 Chevy in my collection? Though I do like the idea of plain business coupe. And a business coupe with fuel injection no less. That be cool for on the street. A fast way for a salesman to move his samples around the country. A quirky enough idea, that I may have to do it.

Edited by unclescott58

A lot of those Revell kits are level 4 and 5 which I dont remember seeing before. Granted I have not build or bought a ton of kits but 

those skill levels are new to me.  Come to think of it while I dont have any in my stash, I might have seen a level 4 before, but not 5.

Thanks for letting us know. The Suburban, Black Widow and Mack are all on the want list! :wub:

Looks like both of us have the Burlington NC store as the one we visit. 

Who knows maybe i ran into you there one time and didnt realize it was a fellow mcm member? :lol::lol::lol:

Just left my local HL, at the clearance table they had:  '64 Plymouth Lawman $14.99, '71 Dodge Charger $10.79, '60 Corvette gasser $10.79, Cosmic Charger $10.79 and I bought a Soapy Sales FC for $10.79. Guess they need the room for the new kits.

Edited by magicmustang

Stopped in yesterday at the Hobart, Indiana HL and they finally are starting to get the new stuff.  Used the trusty 40% coupon  to pick up the Revell '64 T-bolt for the stock (flat) Fairlane hood and poverty caps.  Missed that one the last time it was out, when I was on my modeling "hiatus".

Also had the Suburban, Drag Mustang 5.0, S&H Torino, Eldorod, & '57 Black Widow.  Didn't seem to have any of the new Round 2 stuff yet.

Also did an impulse buy and got another '65 Grand Prix kit that I didn't need, just because it was on clearance for $10.79.

Edited by Robberbaron

I would love to have the new 1/24 Meng kits at 40% off! Also with the loss of the local hobby shops, I with HL would either start carrying Tamiya, Hasegawa etc, kits or start a special order program.

Our local Hobby Lobby carries only Tamiya Primer, putty and extra-thin cement. Which is great, but I sure wish they would carry the whole Tamiya acrylic paint line.  In models, it has a few very old Tamiya 1/35 military kits. Mostly stuff like the M-41 tank, which dates from the 70s.  I was shocked a few months ago when they got in the Tamiya M561 Gama Goat kit, a kit that only came out a few years ago.  But that's the last new Tamiya kit I've seen.  I agree, I'd love to buy their Mercedes Gullwing and some other car kits at 40% off.

I hope ours gets some fresh kits. Terrible artwork on the Torino however.

A Hobby Lobby just opened up here only a few miles from where I live. I stopped in last weekend and saw the Torino artwork in 3D and said YIKES!!

I hate to put down the effort of whoever was trying to do the box art, but I'm sorry------that is really BAD! It looks more like a caricature (or cartoon) of the actual car than it should. Who signed off on that?? :huh:

Better to have used the actual 1:1 for the main art with the built up on the sides.

Just left my local HL, at the clearance table they had:  '64 Plymouth Lawman $14.99, '71 Dodge Charger $10.79, '60 Corvette gasser $10.79, Cosmic Charger $10.79 and I bought a Soapy Sales FC for $10.79. Guess they need the room for the new kits.

Wow, I wish they had them discounted to this price at one of my local HL's. I would buy the Lawman and the Soapy Sales at those prices.

Wow, I wish they had them discounted to this price at one of my local HL's. I would buy the Lawman and the Soapy Sales at those prices.

Not sure if you check the Trading Post very often. I started a thread in there called "Ollie's Re-Distribution."  The idea was to trade kits we got at Ollie's for other kits we really wanted more. Feel free to use that thread for trading Hobby Lobby kits as well.  It's not getting a lot of activity.

Not sure if you check the Trading Post very often. I started a thread in there called "Ollie's Re-Distribution."  The idea was to trade kits we got at Ollie's for other kits we really wanted more. Feel free to use that thread for trading Hobby Lobby kits as well.  It's not getting a lot of activity.

Thanks!