• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

Revell Porsche 914+ Rat 914 added 28th Sept.

19 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Bought from ebay UK as an 'already started' in a fancy box!

photo3-th.jpg

A shade worn! plus other trashed parts of another 914 with the ordinary windscreen,and roof which I'll try and piece together.

This one needed quite a bit of refurb, funny brushed paint of different colours,two piece tyres with hard glue residue but still in pieces. Any way this is the result, decals from the spares box and homemade rollbar set up made from sprue and shaped with a tea light candle.

photo2-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

I'll park it at the Backstreet Garage and put in Dioramas.

Edited by PatW

Posted

I like it Pat.  I find these rescue project to be fun and rewarding.

Posted

Nice save!  I really like your paint job.

Posted

Great save !!!

Posted

Not an easy kit to build, nice work Pat.

Posted

Looks great Pat

Posted

Hi,

It looks really really really good!!!

I love it!

Posted (edited)

Well thanks guys! I like to do a bit of rescue now and then, very satisfying, with these as inspiration...........

photo2-th.jpg

and...................

photo1-th.jpg

This is a model featured on youtube of  the 914 kit being built!

Edited by PatW

Posted

Very well done Pat. 

Posted

Cheers Donald.

Posted

Beautiful!!!!, never heard of this version of the kit, I wanna just keep looking at it!!

Posted

Nice job Pat!

That kit reminds me of a story.

I have told stories on this board about being an American military dependent in Europe, and my pursuit of getting American models while there. I yearned to be back in the USA where model kits were sold everywhere.  When we finally returned in 1973,  we were staying with my grandparents in Jersey City, New Jersey.  I had remembered that the Two Guys From Harrison department store had a great hobby department, and it was within walking distance (okay a fairly long walk) from their house.  The first chance I got I bee lined for that store. When I got there it was like the Robin Williams / Moscow on the Hudson  coffee in the supermarket scene.  There I was in a store with an entire wall of car models!  Everything I could ever want. American muscle cars I yearned after, customs, hot rods...  And what did I buy?   That silly Porsche 914!   The original release with the yellow car on the box.  And ya know, I still have that kit unbuilt in my stash!

Posted

Beautiful!!!!, never heard of this version of the kit, I wanna just keep looking at it!!

Thanks Dann, yes a popular car here since the 70's. The first mid-engined Porsche, but because it was mainly Beetle parts, the factory named it the 'VW-Porsche 914' the sales were dismal although when you see a Porsche Owners Club meeting there are stacks of them and Porsche 911 owners gravitate towards them! 

Posted

Nice job Pat!

That kit reminds me of a story.

I have told stories on this board about being an American military dependent in Europe, and my pursuit of getting American models while there. I yearned to be back in the USA where model kits were sold everywhere.  When we finally returned in 1973,  we were staying with my grandparents in Jersey City, New Jersey.  I had remembered that the Two Guys From Harrison department store had a great hobby department, and it was within walking distance (okay a fairly long walk) from their house.  The first chance I got I bee lined for that store. When I got there it was like the Robin Williams / Moscow on the Hudson  coffee in the supermarket scene.  There I was in a store with an entire wall of car models!  Everything I could ever want. American muscle cars I yearned after, customs, hot rods...  And what did I buy?   That silly Porsche 914!   The original release with the yellow car on the box.  And ya know, I still have that kit unbuilt in my stash!

Thanks for your story Tom. Coming home to a model shop full of kits must be amazing! We don't have many shops like that anymore here in the UK. It can be a difficult kit to build because of having to leave the rear bumper body work to the last minute and trying to stretch the sides to get the body over the edge of the chassis and then stretching it again to get the engine cover and rear lid hinges into place, very tense for both the kit and the builder. But I have one of the new releases being delivered today anyway!

Posted

Looks great!

Posted

Cheers Chris.  This was built from broken bits ( 3 bits of body and 2 bits of chassis) in the 'already started' box/kit when I bought it, after finishing this one. Finding some BBS rims/tyres in the spares lowers the car from a standard 15" to 13" rims.

photo4-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

Posted

Very cool builds Patrick

Posted

Cheers Chris.  This was built from broken bits ( 3 bits of body and 2 bits of chassis) in the 'already started' box/kit when I bought it, after finishing this one. Finding some BBS rims/tyres in the spares lowers the car from a standard 15" to 13" rims.

photo4-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

Hi,

OOOOOO love it!

Posted

Thanks guys.