Model Cars Magazine Forum

'71 Barracuda

afx

About those fender vents Ron, I've decided not to take that risk and instead build a phantom Hemi Barracuda.

Thanks Brandon.

Some engine work:

• added a pre-drilled distributor from R&M
  • added a photo-etch flange to the water outlet
  • cut the oil filter free to make painting cleaner/easier
  • added mounting pins to various parts

DSCN4905

Thanks Mike.  Yea I bought the MGC set.  My concern is getting the 1/24 scale gills blended into the fender above the crease without damaging it. Hopefully Revell will get with it and gives us a '71 Cuda and a '70 AAR from this excellent tooling.

Edited by afx

Thanks Dann.

I cut the mufflers free from the exhaust which allowed me to:

• Install and align the exhaust tips before paint
  • Install the rear valance before paint

DSCN4915DSCN4913DSCN4910

That's a pretty slick idea with the mufflers.......I like to glue all the body parts together first as well, because(as you know), those lower front and rear valances can be buggers to fit, and you don't wanna have to do it with the finished parts.  Q: are you going to cut the grills out, and use the MCG inserts?

That's a pretty slick idea with the mufflers.......I like to glue all the body parts together first as well, because(as you know), those lower front and rear valances can be buggers to fit, and you don't wanna have to do it with the finished parts.  Q: are you going to cut the grills out, and use the MCG inserts?

I don't want to risk the work I already have in the body by potentially butchering the gills.  The grille, front valance, rear tail-lights and wing should set this apart from the base kit Cuda.