Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Enthusiast Series Lamborghini Countach

Dragline

Thanks Dann. I have the flares in what I think are their best positions. Looking at reference says the rears sit too high in relation to the top but I can live with it. I'm excited to see someone do a WIP on the Aoshima kit so i can see it go together for myself. Handling one at a show quick like and sitting on the bench with it all apart are two very different things.

I shot the body parts with Duplicolor FP101 filler primer. i have a couple of spots to hit with filler and then sand the entire thing with 600 before I'll be ready for color. Perhaps a few days. Meanwhile the chassis is shot with semi black and I have white primer on the interior pieces. Pics when things can be handled.

Just wanted to say that I hope I didn't come across as a "Pratt" with my responses, that wasn't my intention, I really do like your work and this kit. I also really appreciate you and everybody else that does these WIP's -its something I don't think I could do, because when I'm into a build, i'm like a steamroller...I keep barreling through with the momentum. You are right, you don't really know a kit unless you start building it.....like anything in life. I have actually been working on putting the Fujimi engine IN my Aoshima kt, and I must say, its fitting pretty darn good with very minute adjustments so far. Its a little on the backburner right now because I'm half way through my Pagani Huayra, but the Countach will be finished next.   -Again, keep up the great work!!!!

"pratt?" oh p'shuhh.... I like the back and forth of the forum. I wouldn't do it otherwise. I have thick skin and can take anything that's dished at me. I also have the Huayra kit with the PE. That is in line quite a ways back but this thing got shoved to the front mostly by the "which is better thread" started by JollySipper. That and the fact that I no longer do commission builds has given me the free time to devote to builds I wish to see done.

DSCN0605.JPG

DSCN0606.JPG

DSCN0607.JPG

• Like 1

"pratt?" oh p'shuhh.... I like the back and forth of the forum. I wouldn't do it otherwise. I have thick skin and can take anything that's dished at me. I also have the Huayra kit with the PE. That is in line quite a ways back but this thing got shoved to the front mostly by the "which is better thread" started by JollySipper. That and the fact that I no longer do commission builds has given me the free time to devote to builds I wish to see done.

DSCN0605.JPG

DSCN0606.JPG

DSCN0607.JPG

I don't do commissioned builds anymore either.....or competitions, like you, its time to build for myself. My wife has convinced me to post a video of fixing the fitment issues of the Huayra. I think I have the problems fixed, while keeping all the parts plus more detail. I think I will only post it if it actually works though......not much sense in it if it doesn't, lol.

I 100% agree with you Bob. The new Lambos make people look, but when you watch a Countach roll down the street, EVERYBODY stops and watches it. There's just something about that car that gets everyone's attention!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this one. Love the colour choice. White with red just screams 80s, and that's how it should be.

:)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay boys. I've been catching up on house duties.  Sanded the body and panels smooth tonight. Another night to finish the interior and its show and tell up to that point. If it ever DRIES up around here I'll shoot the white onto the body. It's been WET.

Thanks all.

Sorry for the delay boys. I've been catching up on house duties.  Sanded the body and panels smooth tonight. Another night to finish the interior and its show and tell up to that point. If it ever DRIES up around here I'll shoot the white onto the body. It's been WET.

Thanks all.

Cant wait to see more!!!!..........white has ALWAYS been a pain in the ass for me to paint, but when I finish mine in February, its gotta be white with black accents and white wheels.......my favorite color for this car...go figure.

Just a quick update. Yesterday my Mother had a mild stroke. Between losing my father July 22 and now this I have had very little interest in building. BUT, I carried on with some enthusiasm with the Countach. At this moment in time I have no desire to sit at the bench although it might be therapeutic in some fashion.

She is doing OK and at Rhode Island Hospital and I just came home from there. My brother and sister in law have been there all day and my Mums is making strides. She is not out of the woods yet but the prognosis is quite good. I am actually on vacation starting Saturday so I might get in a little bench time as sort of a cathartic zen like therapy for myself. But then again I may just walk by my hobby room without so much as a glance.

I am at the stage in life where it seems to be taking more than giving. We all must lose our parents as it is a part of life. But I truly wish 2017 would come to a close and Mums get better. I don't always get what I want though and all of us here can attest to that in our own lives.

So the Countach is on hold until I feel the bug bite me as I wait and hope Mums recovery goes well and she is given back to me whole and functioning. Until then I want to thank all you all in advance for the kind words I know are coming. 

Thanks one and all

Bob Frias

• Sad 1

• 5 years later...

One trip to the spare room and 15 spiders and a curiously placed bottle of bourbon later and I found her.

The Ferrari F430 will go into mothballs while the clear coat dries so why not see where I am at with this old chestnut.

I recall finding a box for it. This Tamiya Sherman tank. A project long done and in a diorama at a friends house. But this box was perfect. It looks to me like I spent some time carefully packing it away.

20221027_081322.jpg

1 hour ago, Bainford said:

Nice! Looking forward to seeing this one back on the bench.

That is nice to say and I thank you. To say it has been 5 years since I worked on this seems laughable but there it is.

I am feeling enthusiastic about getting back to it so allbI need to do is sit down with it tonight and assess where I am. I looked at the thread and into the box so I am pretty certain where I am. Time to break out some sandpaper and go for ot.

• Like 1