Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bill Drennen's 1971 Kenworth 925 grain rig

This is a truck my brother Bill built back in 1971-72. Thought it would be neat to post for the re- release of the Kenworth 925. He custom built the grain trailer and our grandmother helped him sew the tarp. It's missing some parts but still looks good for its age. Bill was 11yrs old when this truck was built. I always enjoyed watching his magic on these truck and I still do today. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Your welcome gator. Talented he was and still is have you ever seen his resin conversion kits? The Pete 379, 358 hood and Kenworth 900L can't believe he's almost 60 years old now I've enjoyed many years building model truck across the table from him and sharing his awesome modeling tools. I cherish every time I visit him because we are both getting older.  

That's what I'm talking about.....11 years old....Before cell phones and computers, what's a young boy supposed to do? I tell you what he can do....Build models!!! Excellent job on this baby.....Amazing.....:D And for that model to still be around....WOW !!!!!

Edited by kilrathy10

That's what I'm talking about.....11 years old....Before cell phones and computers, what's a young boy supposed to do? I tell you what he can do....Build models!!!

Back then kids used their imagination. There was no such thing as "social media". Social media can be a very slippery slope. There are way too many forums of it, and if you value your privacy then social media is not the place to be. The one that I personally despise is Pinterest, if ya'll know what I mean....