• Announcements

• General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

Ferrari F40 - Fujimi

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Finally made some progress on this build just in time to pack up the bench in preparation for more house construction.

It's a pretty nice kit so far. Lots of prep work on the body. It's solid but lots of seam lines to clean up. I'm also filling in the extra vent on the side of the engine cover.

Most progress was made on the interior. The dash and seats were masked, sprayed with textured trunk paint, then painted.

The dash was painted Testors Panzer Gray and then a light mist of Battleship Gray. Photo etched pedals from one of my many F40 detail sets.

F40-001-02.thumb.jpg.b08f9387d5689616724

The seats were painted Testors Italian Red, detailed, then coated with Flat Clear. The decals were taken from an unused F40 kit in the stash. Also sanded down the shift gate detail and added a photo etched piece after the texture and paint.

F40-005-02.thumb.jpg.6ca52201572ef2af958

Once the house is done being taken apart and put back together I'll get back to this build!

Edited by Toast

Posted

Looks great, is this an EM kit?

Posted

Looks OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Posted

The interior is superb already. This one should be a knockout when complete.

Posted

Dash detailing is superb! looking forward to seeing more!

Posted

Great progress so far. That interior is really looking good. 

Posted

This looks very promising.

Ian.

Posted

How ya doing on the F40?

Posted

The work bench is packed up at the moment. Had to tear down some walls in the house so put everything away to keep it safe. Hopefully be back at it in about a month.

I was moving stuff around in the basement tonight and really wanted to sit at the bench and do a little work!

Posted

I know how that is, having a hard time getting motivated to work on my Pagani again....gotta straighten the room up first.