Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari F40 - Fujimi

Toast

Finally made some progress on this build just in time to pack up the bench in preparation for more house construction.

It's a pretty nice kit so far. Lots of prep work on the body. It's solid but lots of seam lines to clean up. I'm also filling in the extra vent on the side of the engine cover.

Most progress was made on the interior. The dash and seats were masked, sprayed with textured trunk paint, then painted.

The dash was painted Testors Panzer Gray and then a light mist of Battleship Gray. Photo etched pedals from one of my many F40 detail sets.

F40-001-02.thumb.jpg.b08f9387d5689616724

The seats were painted Testors Italian Red, detailed, then coated with Flat Clear. The decals were taken from an unused F40 kit in the stash. Also sanded down the shift gate detail and added a photo etched piece after the texture and paint.

F40-005-02.thumb.jpg.6ca52201572ef2af958

Once the house is done being taken apart and put back together I'll get back to this build!

Edited by Toast

The work bench is packed up at the moment. Had to tear down some walls in the house so put everything away to keep it safe. Hopefully be back at it in about a month.

I was moving stuff around in the basement tonight and really wanted to sit at the bench and do a little work!