Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford '33 GAA Maximum Pressure

Reuhkapelti

Well what do you think about this one? I wanted to build a rat rod, but it ended up a litlle different. The engine is supposed to look like one used in a Sherman tank in WW2 built by Ford with four over head cams. I took some V8 engine block and made it wider. Then some scratch built valve covers, intake manifold etc. I planted a blower boosted by a turbo charger too. Remember, this is built just fot fun, no need to look like it could really work in 1:1 world. 

The chassis is dropped closer to the ground and the rear axle is something I found from my scrap box. The head and tail lights are made by me. The green paint turned out too shiny, so I sanded it to matte. And now some photos. Thanks for watching!

IMG_20170925_143717.jpg

IMG_20170925_143914.jpg

IMG_20170925_143831.jpg

IMG_20170925_143847.jpg

IMG_20170925_143953.jpg

IMG_20170925_144237.jpg

Very creative engine and induction systems. With the dark green color you don't see the parting line for the roof to come off. Very nice looking interior. With the yellow frame you can see just how much you channeled the body. I like the wheels and especially the rear tires.

I personally would weather the heck out of it to tone down all that John Deere green and yellow going on with the color scheme,but that's just me.I believe the removable top was an inspired move and very well done.In 1:1 scale that would give the owner a little something unusual to leave in his parking spot at the next Goodguys event he attends other his cooler and lawn chairs.Dare to be different.Thanks for sharing.