[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

    • Dave Ambrose

      General Usage   05/10/2017

      If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 
Nick Notarangelo

1969 Dodge “Country Charger” R/T by round2

Recommended Posts

To sum up: parts wise, it's a straight reissue of the last General Lee release, in black plastic. 

Round 2 still needs to find the right hood (last seen in the circa 1987 release of the Charger 500!), and also, the grille inserts are still the 1972 units we've been getting since this was originally issued as the General Lee, way back around 1978. 

New decals added, here's a pic: 

 

IMG_4074.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you for the info and since its molded in black i will pass

i like the older kits and i know i could get the revell ones but i like the older AMT/MPC for the challange just not the black plastic and I was think there would be more to the decals

who knows I might change my mind and get it anyways

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If someone gets this and wants Dukes decals, I know a great place to get them, high quality, and only 12 bucks for a set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a person alive - who's young enough to have seen the show enough - who HASN'T built a General Lee yet?

You can debate the PC of Warner Bros no longer licensing property from the Dukes of Hazard, but can we all stop treating it like it's some piece of historical National TV treasure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen a single episode of DOH (and I'm old enough to have watched Starsky & Hutch--also Batman, The Monkees, etc.) and have never built a General Lee model, nor do I have any desire to. But I don't have ANY problem at all with anyone who does. I resist PC-Hive Mind whenever and wherever I find it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen a single episode of DOH (and I'm old enough to have watched Starsky & Hutch--also Batman, The Monkees, etc.) and have never built a General Lee model, nor do I have any desire to. But I don't have ANY problem at all with anyone who does. I resist PC-Hive Mind whenever and wherever I find it!

I don't have any problem with anyone who does either, but there were allegedly hundreds of thousands of those kits made over the past 30 years, it's not like never making one again is somehow going to effect the ability to find THE single most common kit available,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this in a store yesterday, Weirdness to a new level. :blink: From the side panel

MPC-R2-878-3.jpg

Edited by Greg Myers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

....Much as I always try to be supportive of Round 2  kits generally, this one is a pathetic attempt of a new/ old re-release.....just awful in my view....the Ace...:wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AC Norton said:

....Much as I always try to be supportive of Round 2  kits generally, this one is a pathetic attempt of a new/ old re-release.....just awful in my view....the Ace...:wacko:

I still say they should have retired this tool and let the newer snap kit take it's place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe Handley said:

I still say they should have retired this tool and let the newer snap kit take it's place.

Yes, Joe, I totally agree.....I just wonder why Round2 cobbled this one up again, knowing full well all the other 69 Chargers we have had in the past few years, plus the new 70 R/T kit that's out.....IMO  the way to sell this thing again was to basically spend some money here, reissue it as the 69 annual Landy S/S  version in an original style box, and of course spice it up with killer decals for stock builds, and all the Landy graphics, lots of slicks, lettered Goodyears, redlines, whatever, so most of us would choose to get a couple instead of paying big bucks for the original.....it could have been a sales success for them if reissued as the shocker it has the potential to be again....the Ace...^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AC Norton said:

Yes, Joe, I totally agree.....I just wonder why Round2 cobbled this one up again, knowing full well all the other 69 Chargers we have had in the past few years, plus the new 70 R/T kit that's out.....IMO  the way to sell this thing again was to basically spend some money here, reissue it as the 69 annual Landy S/S  version in an original style box, and of course spice it up with killer decals for stock builds, and all the Landy graphics, lots of slicks, lettered Goodyears, redlines, whatever, so most of us would choose to get a couple instead of paying big bucks for the original.....it could have been a sales success for them if reissued as the shocker it has the potential to be again....the Ace...^_^

They can do that with the snapper too, spending money on an old tired tool like this one IMHO would be stupid, it's BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH like this that hinders other manufactures, from tooling up new kits, from already existing but worn out tooling in Round-2's tooling file. kits like the '67 GTO and the '70 up to '72 GTO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

They can do that with the snapper too, spending money on an old tired tool like this one IMHO would be stupid, it's BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH like this that hinders other manufactures, from tooling up new kits, from already existing but worn out tooling in Round-2's tooling file. kits like the '67 GTO and the '70 up to '72 GTO.

.....Well, you are entitled to your opinion, even though it holds no importance or merit for many of us,,,, stupid, as you say that it would be....yet I rarely use that word in most any conversation, but probably could be persuaded to....the Ace...<_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AC Norton said:

.....Well, you are entitled to your opinion, even though it holds no importance or merit for many of us,,,, stupid, as you say that it would be....yet I rarely use that word in most any conversation, but probably could be persuaded to....the Ace...<_<

Well you said it yourself, there are many alternatives, and how much hard to find tooling dollars, will have to be spent to make the kit decent again, to me that kinda investment, is no investment and thus stupid, I'm not saying you are, far from, I value your opinion and input.

Luc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

Well you said it yourself, there are many alternatives, and how much hard to find tooling dollars, will have to be spent to make the kit decent again, to me that kinda investment, is no investment and thus stupid, I'm not saying you are, far from, I value your opinion and input.

Luc

........Luc, you missed my point entirely......regardless of the many Charger alternative kits out there, we all know Round2 is not going to create a whole new Charger R/T  or any 68-69-70 piece to go head to head with what's already been done to death.....BUT,  you and I fully know that a reissued 69 R/T  in the original box, with a little 'tune up' here and there , molded in white, with all the newer goodies like tires, great decals, tinted glass, etc  thrown in and wrapped up in 69 artwork of the MPC vintage with Landys car on the lid like the annual kit was would be  irresistible to many buyers/builders.....THAT , IMO, would be money well spent because the whole project for them would be financially viable and yield good return on the bucks spent....if they, Round2, don't spend some bread on some oldie projects, this whole thing will fizzle out like in the 90s all over again......the Ace....;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AC Norton said:

........Luc, you missed my point entirely......regardless of the many Charger alternative kits out there, we all know Round2 is not going to create a whole new Charger R/T  or any 68-69-70 piece to go head to head with what's already been done to death.....BUT,  you and I fully know that a reissued 69 R/T  in the original box, with a little 'tune up' here and there , molded in white, with all the newer goodies like tires, great decals, tinted glass, etc  thrown in and wrapped up in 69 artwork of the MPC vintage with Landys car on the lid like the annual kit was would be  irresistible to many buyers/builders.....THAT , IMO, would be money well spent because the whole project for them would be financially viable and yield good return on the bucks spent....if they, Round2, don't spend some bread on some oldie projects, this whole thing will fizzle out like in the 90s all over again......the Ace....;)

It seems so Ace ;)

Indeed they don't have to, you're right about that, and it's their business plan, just like that of a 2nd hand car dealer :D

My point is also that there are other ex Mpc/amt models which can be re-released by Round-2 but of which the tooling is so far gone, that recycling is the better option, but they don't and thus, no other manufacturer is willing to invest in all new tooling for replicating these fine subject matter, like for instance a '70 GTO.

 

Edited by Luc Janssens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

It seems so Ace ;)

Indeed they don't have to, you're right about that, and it's their business plan, just like that of a 2nd hand car dealer :D

My point is also that there are other ex Mpc/amt models which can be re-released by Round-2 but of which the tooling is so far gone, that recycling is the better option, but they don't and thus, no other manufacturer is willing to invest in all new tooling for replicating these fine subject matter, like for instance a '70 GTO.

 

But my point also is that in other cases  

..............To further this talk, I seem to recall a conversation I had with the Model King, when Dave was retooling parts for the awb 63 Tempest Funny Farmer kit...the glass and front grill/bumper parts needed quite a bit of attention, and Dave was the one who coughed up the money, and as I recall is was about 30 grand, but to get the kit back to original condition it had to be done...my point...Round 2 can afford to upgrade many kits...if they want to.....the Ace...;)

Edited by AC Norton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AC Norton said:

..............To further this talk, I seem to recall a conversation I had with the Model King, when Dave was retooling parts for the awb 63 Tempest Funny Farmer kit...the glass and front grill/bumper parts needed quite a bit of attention, and Dave was the one who coughed up the money, and as I recall is was about 30 grand, but to get the kit back to original condition it had to be done...my point...Round 2 can afford to upgrade many kits...if they want to.....the Ace...;)

They actually were, but after they bought Lindberg it seems to me, the efforts were toned down significantly..which is a shame, cuz they have great stuff that could morph into even better kits, I try to be hopeful, cuz they have good people on board, that's why I started this thread...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

They actually were, but after they bought Lindberg it seems to me, the efforts were toned down significantly..which is a shame, cuz they have great stuff that could morph into even better kits, I try to be hopeful, cuz they have good people on board, that's why I started this thread...

 

....Yes, they certainly do have great people involved , and I truly hope input from this forum and everywhere else actually does influence some of there decision making.....and getting back to the original topic about upgrading the 69 Charger, my thoughts were not even focused on my personal wants, but looked at it as a great selling point for them being that nostalgic reissues seem to be the order of the day in recent times. But lets face it,,,, this company and all others will do what they choose to, and the rest of us can decide if your wallet comes out or stays in your jeans as new items get released.....the Ace...;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now